Elimination Game Tommorow

Wrangler95

I'm thinking the Ole Miss-Auburn game will eliminate the loser from the playoff.I think Ole Miss will win this game.Auburn-Alabama still to come,Mississippi State-Ole Miss still to come,Georiga-Clemson still to come.Does anyone think there may only be one SEC team in the four team playoff or even worse,no SEC team in playoff.Crazy thinking I guess but it could happen

Hangnail

There is so much football left that I have no idea what might end up happening. I will say there isn't another conference that has had a week in, week out schedule like the SEC has this year. It's been interesting up ot this point and I think it will pick up some steam going down the stretch.

Wrangler95

I wish the SEC would get two teams in but it may not.I wish it would be an all SEC Championship game,that would really get other conferences mad!

THEdonkey0515

Big game for UT this would put them right on a path to a bowl game if they came leave SC with a win. If that happens then vols would just have to win 1 between MIZZ and UK. Think they could beat either team so they should get atleast 1 win outta the two games. Then vandy should be a win. Vols would be 6-6 And that would get the heat off jones back till next year also. BUT it all starts with this SC game its the key to it all

farmin68

gator-n-buck said:
Also if SC beats UT, it probably ends UTs bowl bid.

Obviously it makes it tougher for UT.

If we didn't have a fresh look on offense, I would say SC, after their performance against Auburn, wins by 2 TDs.

Considering the way UT's offense performed with Dobbs, and SC's shootout with Auburn, this becomes a very interesting matchup.

UT by 7.

farmin68

gator-n-buck said:
farmin68 said:
Gator, something tells me you pull for UT as long as they aren't playing your team. Am I right?

I seem to know a lot about UT... :)

Lol.. There are times I pull for Florida. Like today.. and when they play FSU and Bama. Just won't catch me wearing any Gator gear. :D

slagtown_dfa

Wrangler95 said:
I'm thinking the Ole Miss-Auburn game will eliminate the loser from the playoff.I think Ole Miss will win this game.Auburn-Alabama still to come,Mississippi State-Ole Miss still to come,Georiga-Clemson still to come.Does anyone think there may only be one SEC team in the four team playoff or even worse,no SEC team in playoff.Crazy thinking I guess but it could happen
SEC will get one team no matter. I believe the only way they get two teams is if Auburn and Mississippi State both win out.

Zulu

slagtown_dfa said:
SEC will get one team no matter. I believe the only way they get two teams is if Auburn and Mississippi State both win out.

I tend to agree that as a minimum the SEC champ will go to the playoffs -- even with 2 losses (if they come from the west). The only doomsday scenario I can see is the SEC west champ having 2 losses (not likely, but could happen), then losing to a 2 loss SEC east champ.

Either way, if Miss State wins out, they're definitely in. If they end up with one loss to Bama or SEC east champ, they're probably in. If either Alabama or Auburn win out, they're in.

I still think there's about a 50% chance of 2 SEC west teams in the playoff.

Latest posts