Knect post game!

THEdonkey0515

His getting a lot of buzz I hope it doesn't fizzle out.

The SEC crew last night said he could pass the Purdue giant as the college basketball player of the year, and I saw multiple mocks with him being a top 5 pick.

The commentators last night said he could be the best player in college basketball multiple times during the game.

scn

He seems to be a really good team mate. He and several of the others spent a lot of time after the game sign autographs and taking pictures with kids right after the game. I saw where they probably spent another 30 minutes doing the same as they were getting on the bus.

I think Barnes is pretty particular about the type of kids he recruits. "Culture" is extremely important to him, and he doesn't recruit some "talent" at times due to the baggage with them. And, I am fine with that as his teams represent my university very well. They are kids, and a problem can happen with any kid at any time. But, it isn't a thug U under Barnes. Heupel seems to have adopted the same strategy for his team as well.

THEdonkey0515

He seems to be a really good team mate. He and several of the others spent a lot of time after the game sign autographs and taking pictures with kids right after the game. I saw where they probably spent another 30 minutes doing the same as they were getting on the bus.

I think Barnes is pretty particular about the type of kids he recruits. "Culture" is extremely important to him, and he doesn't recruit some "talent" at times due to the baggage with them. And, I am fine with that as his teams represent my university very well. They are kids, and a problem can happen with any kid at any time. But, it isn't a thug U under Barnes. Heupel seems to have adopted the same strategy for his team as well.
Has Barnes had a kid get in any kind of trouble at tennessee? I don't remember anyone in 9 years! I'm sure I'm over thinking one, but that's still impressive for this day in time.

7mm08

C'mon MAN!!!!
I miss those Pearl thugs with tear drop tattoos on their faces and pistols on their cars with serial numbers scratched off .

Last edited:

CBU93

The commentators last night said he could be the best player in college basketball multiple times during the game.
I wouldn't say the best in college basketball, but definitely maybe playing the best of all college basketball right now.

I am a Memphis fan at heart so it is innate to not root for any UT teamā€¦but, I definitely have a begrudging respect for the men's basketball team going back to Bruce Pearl days and like Barnes's teams. Enjoy watching the brand of basketball they put in the court year after year.

THEdonkey0515

I wouldn't say the best in college basketball, but definitely maybe playing the best of all college basketball right now.
I would rather have the guy playing the best, than have the best guy that's getting out played.

Because no one has outplayed him in last 2+ weeks. First SEC player to score 160 points in 5 games in 20 years. His Averaging 32 on the road.

Last edited:

Latest posts