Ejector Help

WilcoKen

I have an 870 SuperMag thats a 1999 model. The tip of the ejector just fell out when I was cleaning it. Apparently it had stress cracked and finally fell out. The problem I have is I cannot find one anywhere online. Remington has really fallen off the map I guess. Any ideas on where I might find one? Ive even thought about having one made. I hate to retire this shotgun.
EE29CF0C-B189-43E8-BF38-356BF8F7881F.jpeg
D33280B8-2401-4080-853A-DD391D17A9B3.jpeg

infoman jr.

Unfortunately that's a rather invasive repair. The two rivets will have to be removed and new ones installed with the new part. The rivets will need to be filed flush to the receiver and colored.

You might check joint force enterprises. They bought a ton of repair parts during the bankruptcy.

WilcoKen

Yeah. I think theres a rivet cutting tool I need as well. Hopefully the part above part will work. Not sure it is for Supermag but have to at least try. Not really any other options other than to find a parts gun somewhere out there.

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
That's a common problem with the super mags. I've had to fix two. The critical parts of the job are getting the tension right and the rivets flush with the receiver.

rifle02

If you are picky about the finish on your receiver you will likely have to have the receiver refinished. It's impossible to replace those rivets and peen them and finish them off without them being very noticeable.

WilcoKen

If you are picky about the finish on your receiver you will likely have to have the receiver refinished. It's impossible to replace those rivets and peen them and finish them off without them being very noticeable.
If I can pull the job off properly I plan on having it cerakoted after I'm finished. Its got alot of use on it and is not a shotgun I am too picky about. I just hope I can get it working again.

Latest posts