Help TNdeer Shotgun ID

Hunter 257W

They are basically the same John Browning design as the Auto 5 manufactured by Remington. There is absolutely nothing to be disappointed about. A Remington is every bit as good as a Browning. I've always seen Browning guns as good guns but over priced due to polish and glitter that adds nothing to their utility at all. That Remington gun is identical in durability to an Auto 5.

Kimber45

I got one very similar but might be a little different grade or newer one that belonged to my father. This one is stamped "The Sportsman" then below that it has Remington Arms with the serial no. Also has ducks engraved on the left side of and pheasants on the right.

Wish I could have shot just half the doves,quail, ducks and pheasants this thing was used on.
I have one in a 16G

Bambi Buster

Model 11's were great guns from back in 60's..
A friend of mine owned 2 of them..
Based of the Browning pattern if I remember correctly..
The Model 11-48 was later on and the Sportsman 58 was around the early 60's timeframe.
Sportsman 58 had wildlife engraving on the receiver side...
Remington ceased production of Model 11s in 1947.

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
We don't have a shotgun forum? Well it will get more views here anyway.

I thought I had a Browning A5 that I inherited over 35 years ago, but I'm not exactly sure what I have now. I have always just assumed it was A5. According to the Browning serial Number(103906) its Pre WWII made in 1904 which would be Belgium made I'm pretty certain. However the top of the Barrel is stamped:
"MANUFACTURED BY THE REMINGTON ARMS CO. ILION N.Y. U.S.A."
"BROWNING PATENTS OCT. 9, 1900, DEC. 17, 01, SEP. 30, 02, JUNE 16, 03"

I've done a little research this morning and it appears Remington was licensed to produce an "A5" that they called a MOD 11. I'm pretty sure and kinda bummed that is what I have.

Anybody know anything about the MOD 11, its manufacturing date based on the serial Number(103906)and value?

Here are a few pictures:
7NDrgfE.jpg

oHecl9I.jpg

POpVI9R.jpg

DshTCH8.jpg

JInEf2M.jpg

mvEe0Zw.jpg
You should just give me the gun.....😁

MrJim43

2-Step Enabled
Remingtons built on Browning frames so I was told. Some of the guys I used to hunt with have a few.......Way back when

gtk

Staff member

woodyard

KIMber. Mine is earlier than yours according to BB post with link. My serial no is 203002 which put it early thirties , one or two perhaps. It has 3 ducks on one side and 3 pheasants on the other. It has a polychoke on it as some others have mentioned. I guess a popular thing for the multi hunter back then. I remember my brother shot it off one time and had to have barrel rethreaded

rukiddin

Nothing wrong with 11's whatsoever. Among their owners, They have the same cult like following and droolers that the A5's have. Good gun. No shame in it!!

Latest posts