Drones for scouting

myboomisdoom

Sounds way to high tech and expensive for me... I have a hard time envisioning flying a drone over our property to look for game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huntinkev

I guess this is the scouting of the future, scouting from your couch flying a drone. It won't be long and we will be shooting deer from the couch from same drone. :) I would think it would be hard to fly under the tree canopy though, maybe I'm wrong because I have never flown one.

bigtex

Pretty interesting concept.
Would be a good way to "look" for trespassers. [if they didn't shoot the drone]

catman529

I wouldn't want to follow or harass wildlife with a drone but it would be good to get a view of the property and some cool video

Sent from the talk of tap

gobblinfool

I think there concept was low impact scouting over their food plots that they have put in....a game camera that is an eye in the sky....less human odor in the area I am assuming.

hornsdonteat

I was at AMEN WEEKEND on Monteagle this past week and someone was flying one around filming the group finding favour,It sound like a million mosquitoes times 10 flying over our head and that was with a band playing,can only imagine how loud it would of been on a silent afternoon in the woods,recon thats the only one i've ever seen,From my one in counter I'm out.lol

tn droptine

If it gains in popularity I may have to start a business - I've been flying drones for 15 years now, currently what I am doing in Afghanistan. Of course, the ones I'm flying have the wingspan of a Cessna 152 and cost about $10 mil each, lol.

duckriver

tn droptine":31ppg8ng said:
If it gains in popularity I may have to start a business - I've been flying drones for 15 years now, currently what I am doing in Afghanistan. Of course, the ones I'm flying have the wingspan of a Cessna 152 and cost about $10 mil each, lol.

And with those I bet you could scout so high up they would never hear it lol

hornsdonteat

tn droptine":3ifys5k2 said:
Little more expensive then the one I experienced and quite a bit larger,I'd of probably run it that had went to buzzing over my head

tn droptine

duckriver":ujovwfzu said:
And with those I bet you could scout so high up they would never hear it lol

Oh yeah, we're cruising around up there at pretty high altitudes - most of the bad dudes don't even know what hits them until it is too late :super:

hornsdonteat":ujovwfzu said:
Little more expensive then the one I experienced and quite a bit larger,I'd of probably run it that had went to buzzing over my head

I've heard stories of back in Desert Storm where Iraqi soldiers were actually surrendering to drones because they associated them with getting a missile up their tailpipe

usanglure

I am considering a purchase of one for scouting purposes and club work. I think, depending on range it will be a excellent tool to scout and evauluate deer patterns and as said by others check for trespassers.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
I can foresee these being made illegal to use during season, but it looks like a great way to to a little low altitude aerial scouting to get a good look at some property during the off seasons.

Diehard Hunter

Tennessee already has laws on the books concerning drones.

Tennessee has enacted two new laws in 2014. The first, SB 1777, makes it a class C misdemeanor for any private entity to use a drone to conduct video surveillance of a person who is hunting or fishing without their consent. SB 1892 makes it a Class C misdemeanor for a person to use UAS to intentionally conduct surveillance of an individual or their property. It also makes it a crime to possess those images (Class C Misdemeanor) or distribute and otherwise use them (Class B Misdemeanor). The law also identifies 18 lawful uses of UAS, including the commercial use of UAS under FAA regulations, professional or scholarly research and for use in oil pipeline and well safety.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Those laws are primarily for hunter harassment purposes, I feel like there will be similar laws in the future to protect wildlife from hunting by drone, or from harassment by drone.

Latest posts