Drones used for hunting purposes ..

Antler Daddy

For those willing to ante up over $500, the drones work to recover dead deer or confirm animals are alive and well.

I would love to use one just to see exactly where deer stay during hunting hours sometimes.

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
I can see where this could morph into prosecution for hunting with a dog while actually just tracking in an attempt to recover.

Today's licensing requirements plus actual flight regulations on a federal level are insane for drones and expensive. I could easily see him violating some federal regulations before game laws.

DaveTN

I'm not sure why they wanted a conviction on this when they clearly knew he wasn't hunting. Other than them being Richards. Warden/Prosecutor/Judge.

He was told by the game wardens what he wanted to do was illegal. But he decided to go with what his attorney told him. I wonder if his dumbazz attorney is handling his appeal for free. Attorneys aren't always right, a case I was involved in; a guy went to prison because of his attorney's advice.

themanpcl

Wildcat

He was using it as a BUSINESS and "openly advertised his business in area publications, "

That's what caught the wildlife department's eye. They talked to him but he said his lawyer told him differently so they set up a sting and the guy used a thermal camera setting to show the scenery in black and white. He soon caught a view of a live deer and turned on the camera's infrared setting to show it on a heat map. Then turned on his spotlight.

Sounds like what they are doing is a "test case" in court and go from there.

Latest posts