Dove Report

Dodge Man

Cold north wind and full moon... One of two things will happen. They coming or they going... Right now just seen the latter..
I walked outside this morning and it felt cold, temperature was 58 degrees at my house. My first thought was that will make for a slow opening day for doves. We have always done best on hot dry days. But occasionally they hang around on rainy days. But cooler weather this early usually pushes them out in my experience.

Gravey

Got in the field around 12:30 and birds started flying pretty good about 2:30. Spurts here and there and called it a day just before 6:00. Should've killed a limit but ended up with 10.
IMG_4529.jpeg

MickThompson

Killed 10 from 12-4 and then the spigot cut off. Numbers were definitely not what we expected. Packed up at 5 and took a trip around the field to hunt up any lost birds for the other hunters. It's amazing what a good dog can find. He saved 3 for me, including 1 I didn't think I hit, plus 4 for the rest of the field. Feathers in the ears make for a happy Boykin.

Attachments

• 7775FC91-1C6F-4C5A-B0BA-B2EA48FD035B.jpeg
    7775FC91-1C6F-4C5A-B0BA-B2EA48FD035B.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 26

Texan11285

My first hunting experience since moving here from Texas was a bust. Got out to the sunflower field bout 3:30 in Fayette county. On my walk out I talked to a couple of fellas that hadn't had nothing fly by. Ran into a nice fella that put me in a good shady spot on the tree line. Then he walked back into the woods to try to flush some out, which he did but not by me. He told me he was wanting to go to the other fields but that he didn't want to crowd anyone.
The fields west of us sounded like they were getting hammered. Some of the guys that were scattered around this field had a few shots. The mosquitos were hungry. That field sure wasn't shot up like the others. Unless the field gets shot up the rest of the weekend, I'll probably go back during the week while people are at work. Can't beat retirement.
The public are trashy people. Picked up trash and an empty water bottle on my walk back to truck that someone had left behind.

Boone25/06

Had a decent hunt yesterday in Marshall. 11 people limited out on my 1 acre field. Lost several birds between Tuesday and Friday to cool mornings and breeze all day but had enough to make it work. Going to shoot other bigger field Sunday that looks to be holding more birds.

Bgoodman30

Went to a big hunt yesterday and there were tons of birds.. Big field and I was on wrong end… Hunted another field this morning about 10 miles away and it was dead. Never know…

Urban_Hunter

Our field died. Felt like we left tons of birds and we cleaned ours at the house a couple hundred yards away around 5pm. As we were cleaning there were dozens flying in, felt like we left prior to peak time due to limiting out. Today hunted til dark, scratched out 16 between the two of us. Very slow and they really turned off around 5pm.

Bgoodman30

Man went to the field today and its still dead... Had a bunch of birds 10 days ago and gone..

Buzzard Breath

I took a walk around the neighborhood after tonight's storms moved through. There were doves everywhere; not just sitting on the powerlines either, but groups of 4-8 just flying through. Good sign.

Latest posts