Finding dove shoots?

Iglow

What ways have you had the most luck finding pay shoots?
I know the TWRA has/ had shoots but I have zero interest in doing that.

If you've got a tip but don't want it broadcast worldwide, pm me.
Thanks.

Chaneylake

$$ is fine with me, I love dove shooting and love bacon wrapped japs/philly chz/ dove breast even more!!!
E6E48356-E8C3-403D-BE41-56DB146DBDA3.jpeg

JhnDeereMan

2-Step Enabled
What is the going rate for a pay hunt. I heard of a $300 per gun hunt last year on a sunflower field down in Lincoln Co. I did not know if that's is high or low.

GUNNERX2

$300/gun, in my mind, would be outrageous. There was a place down the road from me that, 15 years ago, was charging $50/gun for very little acreage. Ran into some guys that paid that and 1 fellow shot 2 and the other shot 1. The last paid shoot I got in on, $20/gun on a cut silage field that was loaded with birds but that was 20 years ago. I've been on a few TWRA shoots that were plumb dangerous. The last one had the game wardens shutting down the field for a while as the EMT guys wouldn't work on the wounded guy while shooting was going on. That was during Covid when no one was working and everyone wanted to hunt.

mike243

A couple years ago there was somebody advertising $1000 for the season down towards sweetwater I think it was, no way could I ever spend that kind of $ just to hunt doves. would take a bunch of broke folks in that field to keep the birds flying , have seen low hunter numbers make a ugly hunt, birds set down away from hunters till they are flushed and it starts again, several years ago I seen $20 fields but always worried about baiting and getting a ticket, twra would probably fine everybody hunting no matter if a paid field or not.

Carlos

$20-40 per shoot gun is more like a normal price.
Then again, what's priced normally these days?

drake799

I had someone last year tell me they paid $100 Said it was a good hunt and they got their limit but them some expensive doves to me lol. When I was a kid I never heard of paying for a shoot. You drove up ask permission and started hunting Those were the good ole days

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
You might check with a local volunteer fire department. There used to be several counties around here that would have a hunt for a fee as a fund raiser. It's been quite a while since I did that though.

Latest posts