Dove Report

Bgoodman30

I saw 3-4 times more dove on power lines on my way to morning drop off this morning. I haven't been to my field yet to check waiting for the rain to pass. Any reports?

Buzzard Breath

I did a big loop from Mt Pleasant to Lynnville, Cornersville, Pulaski, and back to Mt Pleasant this morning. I saw quite a few doves on powerlines. There a dove field just south of Cornersville that looked to have been recently prepped, corn cut, probably top seeded, with powerlines through the middle. It was LOADED (said in my Ron White voice) with doves. I saw a couple other fields in north Giles, above Campbellsville, that were recently cut and didn't have a dove around them.

Bgoodman30

Birds left... Visited the field today and saw very few... Didn't see many around town either. Hopefully they come back...

Urban_Hunter

To the human eye, this is the best field I've ever done. This is only my 4th year. I started getting some birds last week, and they peaked maybe Saturday/Sunday. Watched this evening around 4:30-5:30 and only saw 3-4 birds. No idea why they aren't here, no idea why they are petering out either. Had good sunflowers, cut them two weeks ago and top sewn wheat. Best looking field yet for me, but very very little birds

Buzzard Breath

Birds left... Visited the field today and saw very few... Didn't see many around town either. Hopefully they come back...
I didn't see hardly any doves on my walks around the subdivision today and had just assumed someone nearby picked their corn. But, I didn't see any fields picked around me when I headed out for a couple afternoon appointments.

scn

I'm not surprised at the birds that have left. At this time of year, the slightest cold front can push them out. We have seen that the last couple of days here in MidTN. It doesn't take much. That is one of the main reasons that delaying opening the season, or putting off hunting a field can be a really bad idea. Some birds from north of us will start trickling in as well, but, it may take a few days.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I'm not surprised at the birds that have left. At this time of year, the slightest cold front can push them out. We have seen that the last couple of days here in MidTN. It doesn't take much. That is one of the main reasons that delaying opening the season, or putting off hunting a field can be a really bad idea. Some birds from north of us will start trickling in as well, but, it may take a few days.
Back when I had a spot to hunt, one year we had literally probably 1,000 birds on Thursday.
My buddy said we needed to hunt Friday, the day before opening day. :D
Friday night a cool front moved in and Saturday we killed I think 10 birds total.
Literally overnight they were GONE.

deerfever

I am just not seeing them this year, I started cutting sunflowers and tilling strips with wheat two weeks ago. Seen a few but nothing at all for a shoot. I still have some areas to plant so maybe I can get some coming to have a shoot in a week or two. It's 58 here this morning and has been cooler than usual. I would guess some will leave fields they have been using. Hopefully new birds will show. Weather plays a huge role in this. Good luck to all going tomorrow!

Iglow

I've been feeding them on the railroad tracks behind the warehouse just to watch them come and go, There's a ton back there this morning.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_2828.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2828.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 56

Bgoodman30

Cold north wind and full moon... One of two things will happen. They coming or they going... Right now just seen the latter..

Latest posts