Dove loads

Chaneylake

man did we hijack this thread, lol

spring 1968, I purchased a .22-250, could not get ammo at the time, I carried rifle into my homeroom and laid it on Mr T. B. Southards desk and told him the ammo problem, Mr. T. B.'s hobby was reloading, he simply stated to leave the rifle with him and he would figure something out, about 2:00 pm that day the Principal of Haywood High School barks out on the intercom system telling me to report to my home room, scared the crap out of me, anyways when I walk into homeroom Mr T B tells me that there is a set of reloading dies at YorkArms downtown Memphis and that he did not expect me to answer roll call the next morning at homeroom, aka he told me to skip school drive to Memphis and purchase the dies, so I did, little did I know that it would snow 18 inches March 21 or 22, 1968, just a few days later MLK was killed in Memphis and YorkArms never seemed the same after everything sorta settled down

catman529

picked up 4 boxes of Winchester Super X 1 ounce 7 1/2 shot last night. Have shot these before and they are just plain old shot shells that will kill a dove... now the bad part is my shooting, and if all goes well I am about to head out the door and shoot some clay...

deerhunter10

I shoot 7 1/2 usually federal or Winchesters. last year I found a smoking deal on a case of estates and they did pretty good but I didn't like them as good as federals or Winchesters. ive shot 8 shot before but I like 7 1/2 the best.

mike243

pu some Winchesters 7.5,gonna let the no smoke roll from the 20g,you all keep takin the kick of a 12,i will enjoy a 20g semi & a 12g semi,no pain = no gain lol

holstonangler

I have a lot less cripples with 7.5 shot, but you're loosing about 50 pellets going from 8's to 7.5's. The Walmart federals shoot cleaner and usually more reliable than both the Remington and Winchesters they sell. Hope this helps

Latest posts