Dogs running deer

OutdoorJunkie

Went hunting the past two mornings and had a dog from a neighboring property that was running deer and barking the whole morning. Was not a very good two mornings to say the least. How would you all go about that problem?

Sam Davis

The first morning I would ask them to keep it up. After that it would be history. I hate to shoot dogs but they have costed me good deer and and a gobbler.
This used to not be a problem for me until we got more land sold to move in's.

BSK

I would talk to the owner, don't blame the dog he is just doing what dogs are made to do. He doesn't understand property lines.
This

Talk to the dog's owner. Tell him/her that you are worried about the dogs safety, as some hunters will shoot a trespassing dog that is chasing game. Also inform them that it is illegal to allow their dog to chase/harass wildlife.

If they don't care, do whatever you need to do, and tell no one.

OutdoorJunkie

Also, I recently just got a good mature buck on camera and he was running all around the area he is bedding yesterday morning so I wonder if he will run the buck out? The past 2 days were also my first hunts of the season so I wonder how long he has been doing this.

rem270

Hopefully if someone cares about their dogs they will listen and keep them up somehow. Never understood how someone can say they can't keep their dog put up when they make fences, underground wires, or wireless transmitters to keep dogs in a certain area. I care about mine too much to take a chance on them getting shot or ran over.

BSK

Hopefully if someone cares about their dogs they will listen and keep them up somehow. Never understood how someone can say they can't keep their dog put up when they make fences, underground wires, or wireless transmitters to keep dogs in a certain area. I care about mine too much to take a chance on them getting shot or ran over.
Sadly , I've seen a TON of people with pets that show little care or interest in them. I have no idea why they have them in the first place.

Latest posts