DNZ or Talley?

mr.big

I never used the DNZ but have a set of Talleys on my Rem 700 BDL 25-06,,using the 4.5-14 LR/T Leupold the front mount is too far forward to get my eye relief how I like it,on a short action or using a scope with shorter eye relief I am sure they would work really well,,

Rubberduck270

I prefer DNZ but have used Talley's on a few guns I was trying to save weight on.

If you do go with the Talley's I suggest you lap them before mounting your scope. They'll get a little out of alignment if you aren't careful.

GOTTA B REALTREE

From everybody I talk to... It's 50/50. I like the dnz mounts except the bar going over the action. With the one piece design, I don't think there would ever be a chance of them moving. However with the talley, there is a chance of them moving over time.

Rubberduck270

To help align the Talley's, push the mounts towards the muzzle and wiggle them back and forth while gradually tightening them. Torque them down good then lap.

Same thing applies to the DNZ's. Pushing the mount towards the muzzle takes out the slop between the screws and the base.

duckriver

I have gone through and put DNZ on everything I own. IMHO they are top notch. When the great outdoor store in Jackson went out of business I bought several because they had them 50 percent off. But I started using them before that.

B&C chaser

I've never used Talley's but have the DNZ's on several rifles and really like em ! I just put a set of the DNZ 2 piece tactical mounts on a Weatherby sub-moa . I like the longer screws used to hold the rings together compared to other makes .

Rackseeker

I haven't used DNZ mounts, so I can't say. But I have used Talleys on several rifles. And never had a set that needed lapping. I use a 1" diameter bar to line them up. I will use Talleys in the future also.

Rubberduck270

Rackseeker said:
And never had a set that needed lapping. I use a 1" diameter bar to line them up.
Not having to worry about alignment is where the DNZs shine. Both are good rings and work well all things considered.

Latest posts