DIY Missouri Public Land Anyone?

TN Whitetail Freak

Anyone planning to do an out of state hunt to Missouri this year? I didn't draw Iowa so I am planning on taking a trip NW into NE and Central North Central Missouri for Diy hunt? Would love to link up with others to tackle some public land.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
Just a recommendation I went to college in rolla, the best weeks are right around the youth season weekend. In Missouri you can bow hunt during youth season just wear orange. I always saw the best movement between October 28th and November 10th.

Ski

I can't make it this year due to other hunts, but I might plan that hunt for next year. I have access to a GIANT tract of private ground in Harrisonville, just south of KC. If you're in the area swing by Kurzweil Country Meats & get you some grub.

Rackseeker

I will be in southern middle Missouri a week during archery, probably around end of October first week of November. Then plan on going back for the first week of rifle, which opens the 14th of Nov. this year. Will be on public land.

TN Whitetail Freak

Rackseeker":38qa8m7a said:
I will be in southern middle Missouri a week during archery, probably around end of October first week of November. Then plan on going back for the first week of rifle, which opens the 14th of Nov. this year. Will be on public land.

You got a CA picked out? Already where ya think about hunting.

Rackseeker

TN Whitetail Freak":2hat3ifp said:
Rackseeker":2hat3ifp said:

You got a CA picked out? Already where ya think about hunting.

Yea, we spent 7 days up there last season. Seen deer every sit, I passed a couple deer in the mid 120s. Seen one in 150s, way out of range. Out of 4 of us there were two bucks killed in the mid 130s. I'm really looking forward to this year, with what I learned last year.

DaveB

I'm going to check with my family and find out if they have retained or sold the farm. It is located off highway 65 north of Buffalo (north of Springfield).

BuckNazty

Me and buddy are going to northern MO the first week of November. Turkey hunted a CA up there this past spring and it looked like cattle trails everywhere. Found several good community scrapes that should be good spots to sit during that time of year.

TN Whitetail Freak

Drove over to Missouri this weekend for a 3 day trip and 10 minutes into driving the CA i picked out i found a few shooters. A main frame 10 and a drop tine buck. I never could get within bow range over the weekend but had some cool encounters. The deer population seems strong.

Attachments

• 20200922_062308.jpg
    20200922_062308.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 773
  • 20200922_062244.jpg
    20200922_062244.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 771

BlasterPits

I've been to NE Missouri before its good but u pass a ton of great public land hunting in Southern Illinois.

Rackseeker

Shed Hunter":w0n8qm25 said:
BlasterPits":w0n8qm25 said:
I've been to NE Missouri before its good but u pass a ton of great public land hunting in Southern Illinois.

And you pass some just as good or even better in KY

The problem I had when searching for a public tract in KY was the number of hunters. Alot of the better WMAs are draw only also. I'm sure there are low pressure public land in KY but I never found it.

TN Whitetail Freak

:tu:
Shed Hunter":195sluny said:
BlasterPits":195sluny said:

And you pass some just as good or even better in KY

I'm gonna disagree from experience only. I hunted Ky public all year in 2017 and it didn't hold a candle to Tennessee public. 10 minutes into missouri public i've already had better experience than Ky. I hunted roughly a dozen WMAs from Livingston Co to the Mississippi river

BlasterPits

I've been all over and u can't beat Southern Illinois public land bow hunting, now gun season different story but bow is spot on if u can get over the fact its a $500 tag

Latest posts