Deer Activity Yesterday (11-1-23)

DMD

Yesterday had to be one of the best deer movement days in recent memory. I have three cellular cameras out - they blew up all day, including one really nice young buck beating a poor little tree to death. In addition, just numerous deer sightings by co-workers during the day. I had more daylight pics/videos yesterday than the last couple months combines.

Andy S.

This cold front has really increased daylight activity in SW TN, as well as scraping activity. I've seen a handful of big boys killed since Monday. Little early for us, but the younger bucks are on their feet looking for love, with a few mature bucks slipping up here and there. The does are still pretty much in groups, although did kill an old "lone" doe this morning (5.5+) that had dark tarsals and pretty good smell to her. Temps look to be on the upswing starting tomorrow, so fully expect daytime activity to decrease, generally speaking.

IMG_7694.jpeg

Last edited:

backyardtndeer

Yep, they have been moving during daylight really well the past few days. I got really lucky to make it to the stand just in time yesterday to kill the buck that I was after. He was walking in the middle of my field at about 4:20 pm, over two hours before legal shooting light end. Have to remember time hasn't fallen back yet either.

timberghost35

Monday afternoon was straight fire for me in Tipton Co. It was literally a buck parade. Ended up missing a good one at dark. Saw 9 diff bucks Monday afternoon, didn't hunt Tues to let everything lay down, yest didn't hardly see anything in the afternoon, and this morning saw 5 diff bucks plus a lot of does.

All the small bucks have been grouped up. Only one that has been alone is the one I missed and he was a bigger deer.

Latest posts