Culler 9 point

deerhunter10

Nice deer man headed up to Illinois in about a week and a half. And to the people saying crap about his cull buck lay off he obviously knows what he doing.

RAFI

Tomahawk said:
Cull buck...yes. Bow hunter...yes. Was not allowed to use bow during gun only in Illinois. On my farm here in Illinois this is definitely a cull. If I was allowed to use my bow then that's what I would have used. The gun only tag allows for an extra buck to be taken, this is the reason i bought the gun only tag. This is not a big deer for here but I had no questions I was going to take him when he came out.

ok u think taking that buck makes the other bucks bigger?lol lol lol how many does do you think he could breed anyway? nice deer btw but culling it wont matter

Hollar Hunter

That buck "might" get to breed one or two does but the doe that had him will put out a dozen+ fawns in her life with that genetic makeup if she lives. So unless you kill the doe that's responsible for his genetics you haven't accomplished anything.

Tomahawk

RAFI said:
Tomahawk said:
Cull buck...yes. Bow hunter...yes. Was not allowed to use bow during gun only in Illinois. On my farm here in Illinois this is definitely a cull. If I was allowed to use my bow then that's what I would have used. The gun only tag allows for an extra buck to be taken, this is the reason i bought the gun only tag. This is not a big deer for here but I had no questions I was going to take him when he came out.

ok u think taking that buck makes the other bucks bigger?lol lol lol how many does do you think he could breed anyway? nice deer btw but culling it wont matter
Never said anything about it making other bucks bigger, don't know how you came to that conclusion. I took him out because of the odd antler shape. I really like the buck and am glad I got him, win win for me. So lol lol lol all you want. Thanks for the attempt at a congrats, seemed a little contrived.
Also this deer was aged at 4.5, totally surprised me because I thought he was going to be younger based off body size. Either way I wanted him gone and I got him out and couldn't be happier.

Tomahawk

deerhunter10 said:
Nice deer man headed up to Illinois in about a week and a half. And to the people saying crap about his cull buck lay off he obviously knows what he doing.
Thanks man. I'm not worried about these other guys, they seem to just be bitter about their selections of bucks. Some I respect as good hunters but most are just wannabes.
You should have a good hunt when you get up to Illinois, there is still good action happening and hopefully you will score on a good buck, good luck to you!

Tomahawk

Hollar Hunter said:
That buck "might" get to breed one or two does but the doe that had him will put out a dozen+ fawns in her life with that genetic makeup if she lives. So unless you kill the doe that's responsible for his genetics you haven't accomplished anything.
True, I agree to a point. I take as many does as I can but will never know the ones that are spreading the bad genes. Either way, I have a blast trying to get em.

RAFI

Tomahawk said:
RAFI said:
Tomahawk said:

Never said anything about it making other bucks bigger, don't know how you came to that conclusion. I took him out because of the odd antler shape. I really like the buck and am glad I got him, win win for me. So lol lol lol all you want. Thanks for the attempt at a congrats, seemed a little contrived.
Also this deer was aged at 4.5, totally surprised me because I thought he was going to be younger based off body size. Either way I wanted him gone and I got him out and couldn't be happier.

didnt you call it a cull deer ?lol you tried to act like you were doing the deer herd good just joking with with btw

BSK

Congrats Tomahawk. Very nice buck!

I think the responses you are getting is due to your use of the word "cull" for such a fine animal. When the word is used as a noun, a common definition for "cull" is: something rejected especially as being inferior or worthless. I can't imagine that buck being considered either.

pcrc

Probably the reason for the flack you sre tsking is you are on a Tennessee deer forum. Am sure you would find an Illinois deer forum would not be so harsh. Compare it to a couple of millionaires complaining about car troubles with their Mercedes around a bunch of regular folks at the local "Buy here, Pay here" car lot.

Tomahawk

BSK said:
Congrats Tomahawk. Very nice buck!

I think the responses you are getting is due to your use of the word "cull" for such a fine animal. When the word is used as a noun, a common definition for "cull" is: something rejected especially as being inferior or worthless. I can't imagine that buck being considered either.
Thanks BSK, I agree, I believe I was not clear enough on what cull means to me. I certainly don't mean to come off conceded or trying to down play anyone else's hunting situation. This buck scored right at 133 and though that's a good score, it's lower end for other 4.5 yo around this area. The picture makes him look much better than he really is.

Tomahawk

pcrc said:
Probably the reason for the flack you sre tsking is you are on a Tennessee deer forum. Am sure you would find an Illinois deer forum would not be so harsh. Compare it to a couple of millionaires complaining about car troubles with their Mercedes around a bunch of regular folks at the local "Buy here, Pay here" car lot.
Appreciate your input. I live and primarily hunt TN, this is why I'm on TN deer. Never the less I post bucks when I kill them no matter what state I take them in. Even though I hunt Illinois, my biggest buck is out of TN (166), so to me it's not comparing millionaires to regular folks. I have farms in west TN that have several great bucks running around as far as antler size is concerned. I love to try and hunt them and from time to time take out bucks that are just flat screwed up with their antlers. Example: I have several bucks running around with just a spike on one side and regular rack on the other. I always kill them when giving the opportunity. It doesn't matter if their 1.5 or 4.5 years old, they will always have that screwed up side, it's just a bad gene and not from injuries.

Latest posts