Chuck Swan archery 9/29 & 9/30

TheOG

Thanks to everyone who responded to this post. Not just the scouting advice, but also the advice about where to eat or lodging nearby. It is all much appreciated.

mike243

Had a truck parked at the gate with nobody in it when i arrived at 1:30 am, at 5 a car passed the mile long line and pulled ip to the gate and let 2 guys out, kinda pissed me off they dropped truck off the night before, i think back and wished i had let the air out of a tire or 2 🤣 , i got to my spot and had someone pull in 30 minutes after i was ip my tree, they didn't come in on me though may have went other side of road, may have seen my flash light lighting up the woods towards them lol. I was hunting lake side with gun and had that side covered pretty well and didn't need any help.

GreeneGriz

Thanks! I really wasn't expecting to draw CS. I got my 1st choice and CS was my 7th. I didn't realize there weren't bonus deer till the draw results were posted. I'm mainly hunting it because I just want to hunt somewhere new to me.
Same. I've never hunted Chuck Swan. It was my second choice. Just wanted to try a new area and do some camping.

GreeneGriz

Last year I hunted in the far back and had a long walk out to my truck and got locked out at the gate. I had to walk up to the wardens house and have him unlock the gate. He did it but was not very happy with me. Seems like they would leave it open at least another hour than what they do. I got down as soon as it was complete darkness because I had deer all around me that I did not want to spook and didn't screw around at all when getting down and got back to the truck asap and still didn't make it in time. It would suck if you had to go track a deer knowing you are going to get locked out and then get a warden upset with you. IDK just seems awfully quick to lock it.
Had the same happen to some friends. Few years ago. They were threatened with a ticket if they showed up asking for the gate to be opened again. lol like you, they got back to their truck right at dark and drove straight out.

kaizen leader

Hey one of the quota hunts I drew was Chuck Swan Archery 9/29, 9/30. I've never been there. Any info on the check-in process, lodging, would be greatly appreciated. I'll be driving up from Chattanooga and any info that may allow me to save time or frustration would be super.
He's a great guy and so is the area. A very special place. Have fun and good luck.

TheOG

do you need to check in the morning of? This is my first ever draw hunt so im going in blind. Going later this week to scout.
I scouted all over CS WMA about a week ago. I was scouting with a new friend from the forum. We saw a lot of deer sign (trails, tracks, rubs, beds). We were talking and walking a lot, not trying to be quiet, so we didn't see any deer. Some of the fields are planted with different types of crops and acorns are starting to drop en mass. I think terrain features are going to be key. Bring your hiking boots. Wishing everyone the best of luck!

Latest posts