Votes: 14 16.5%
  • About the same

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • Worse than average

Votes: 41 48.2%

• Total voters

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Worse than average in my area, but have had worse ones than this too. The only time they gobbled good was when he first couple days of April, other than that I have only heard gobbling a couple mornings and I listen every morning for 15-20 minutes at prime roost gobbling time before I head to work.

kornbread

2-Step Enabled
Franklin: heard gobbling every trip but one (3)
Marion: heard no gobbles in 2 trips
I killed a bird in Franklin Co. opening weekend.
Son killed bird in Marion yesterday no gobble
Wife killed bird in Marion today and it gobbled- first bird she has ever called in. Used a Primos Power Crystal. (I was at work) 🤷‍♂️

JCDEERMAN

Better than average for our area for sure! Just got a pic of another longbeard my cousin shot this afternoon. That's 6 off our place this year. Now that he's tagged out and no one else hunting other than maybe me, maybe no more will be killed. Also seen a bunch of Jake's for next years crop. I feel all the habitat work we've done, as well as, the 133 nest raiders we've trapped last year and this year so far has been big factors for our success

woodsman04

Poor here. But it's only because I don't have many birds on private lands. I still believe about April 20-May the 5 will be the best just like always.

I mainly hunt southern middle, so this is my third year of delayed season. First two years I had really good gobbling.

I also have just gotten to go way less this year. Just life..

GreeneGriz

I had one gobble probably 150 times Sunday morning from the roost in Fentress county. Then maybe 5 gobbles after hitting the ground over the next hour.
My son called a bird in for a fiend this evening in Greene county that gobbled hard for over an hour and then an hour later finally come in strutting and drumming after being silent.
I've had several folks tell me they hear more gobbling between 11&4.

Wrangler95

Broke my ankle in March and have not been able to hunt but 2 mornings and have a brace I have to wear for 6 weeks so my turkey season wont be much this year!I did hear one one trip but hens went to him,so that ended that!!Clay county has been getting worse each year that goes bye with fewer turkeys!

tellico4x4

Surrounded this morning with 8-10 gobblers & never laid eyes on one 🤣. Couldn't get any to commit & I refuse to stalk one. About convinced that I'm the world's worst turkey hunter...

Sam Davis

Most I heard was first 2 weeks of the month. Fishing Cordell Hull Lake heard 3 different gobblers & watched one for a while one morning. Fished 5 days in a row heard them most mornings. Last week & now not hearing any.

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
Saturday morning in Stewart county it was hard to know which to go after, then they flew down. It was textbook. Call; Gobble, call gobble again call, no response (he is coming) bird enters the field in a run, circles looking for hen. Cluck and he goes full strut, putt and he periscopes for the kill

30-06 type of guy

Ive been every morning up until yesterday and they've gobbled good on the limb. 1 or 2 would be fired up on the ground every morning for just a little bit then nothing. I had 1 opening morning that wanted to die but I blew that kinda. Thursday the one I killed gobbled from 545 until I shot him at 7:10. Saturday one got fired up he crossed over to private got shot at 3 times then came back to the property line about 9 and gobbled at everything I threw at him for 30 minutes. He had the high advantage point and wouldn't commit. Yesterday I thought I heard one off in the distance but couldn't convince myself that it was.

Livin2hunt

Our farm in Macon County has been really good this year. Birds have been very vocal and super responsive to calling. Quiet by midday on their own but if you sound off a few yelps they respond quick and heading your way putting on a show.

Latest posts