I heard one gobbling Yesterday.

ROVERBOY

I heard one that was really telling it Yesterday around 2:00. I heard him gobble about 15 or more times. Hopefully won't be gobbled out by the 13th.

ROVERBOY

Sounds a little like a asshole remark to me. I've killed birds in the late season when they get pretty quiet. It just makes for more difficult hunting.

ROVERBOY

Saying "gobbled out" must be like saying you killed a bird over 40 yards, on Old Gobbler Forum.

megalomaniac

I was on my vocal bird this morn here in south MS public.

He gobbled at least 100x this morning. He has given me more gobbles than all the birds I've heard combined in the past 5 years.

And I can't kill his ass. Thought I had him this morn, but then gravel popping and fake crow calls from the truck window shut up his roost gobbling. He fired back up an hour later and came to 400y, gobbled 75x more, but wouldn't budge. Had to pull out and head to work.

This dude is the exact opposite of 'gobbled out!!!' He just gets more and more vocal every time I hunt him.

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
It is an ignorant term used by those who don't know any better and refuse to learn.
Ignorant is not the proper term to use for a local or family term used traditionally. Ya Reckon some us could be good old boys that don't choose to speak all proper ??

Soft Talker

Ignorant is not the proper term to use for a local or family term used traditionally. Ya Reckon some us could be good old boys that don't choose to speak all proper ??
As a 5th generation Florida Cracker, my lineage is as rural "Southern" as they come. Still doesn't change the fact that anyone, Southern or Yankee, city or country, that believes Turkeys, anywhere in the state of Tn, become "gobbled out" by the 2nd week of April, is as ignorant as they come in regards to Wild Turkey biology;) Tells me right off the rip that I am dealing with a total googan, and possible idiot.

Latest posts