Coon hunters ?

PalsPal

Oh
My
Goodness

YOU might want to brush up on who's who on this board. lol

Hilarious, isn't it?

Have to give Steve credit for showing great restraint, yet still exposing GreenG's ignorance AND shutting him up!

Jingle All The Way Salute GIF by filmeditor

DaveTN

So… as I read through this thread, I see that forum members are sharply divided on what the law is as it pertains to landowner's rights vs. Hunters Rights or privileges, whatever name you want to give it.

I'm a dog lover and would never want to hurt a dog. But if I saw a dog approaching me in an aggressive manner on my property, I'd shoot it. Is that a crime? If I have my dog off lead on my property and another dog shows up, one or the other of the dogs may be hurt, who is responsible for that? If my dog is off lead and encounters another person trespassing on my property they may get hurt, who is responsible for that?

As a former LEO I would think all these codes, both criminal and hunting laws are posted online and should be pretty easy for any TN LEO to post up. (I wasn't a LEO here, so I have no idea)

I thought this forum was set up for TWRA personnel to answer questions, and not a place for discussion or debate. That obviously isn't true. 🤣 I don't see any TWRA folks posting anything or answering questions. Is that a thing of the past?

scn

So… as I read through this thread, I see that forum members are sharply divided on what the law is as it pertains to landowner's rights vs. Hunters Rights or privileges, whatever name you want to give it.

I'm a dog lover and would never want to hurt a dog. But if I saw a dog approaching me in an aggressive manner on my property, I'd shoot it. Is that a crime? If I have my dog off lead on my property and another dog shows up, one or the other of the dogs may be hurt, who is responsible for that? If my dog is off lead and encounters another person trespassing on my property they may get hurt, who is responsible for that?

As a former LEO I would think all these codes, both criminal and hunting laws are posted online and should be pretty easy for any TN LEO to post up. (I wasn't a LEO here, so I have no idea)

I thought this forum was set up for TWRA personnel to answer questions, and not a place for discussion or debate. That obviously isn't true. 🤣 I don't see any TWRA folks posting anything or answering questions. Is that a thing of the past?
Pretty much a thing of the past.

CATCHDAWG

There is no division. There is however a difference between members who educate their self of the law and those that are ignorant of the law and make their own assumptions without doing some simple research. In this case, the ignorance is strong and he knows it. Otherwise, he would provide proof of his "assumptions" but obviously, that won't happen because he can't.

timberjack86

I've started hunting some lately. I've got permission to hunt a pretty good sized farm. The guy on the very backside of the farm said we couldn't under any circumstances retrieve our dogs on his property. Odds are pretty low that they will make it that far but they did one night. We now have these Garmin systems that instead of a shock have a tone option and it works really well if you need to get your dog back to you. Trespassing coon dogs should be a thing of the past now if hunters will take advantage of these newer systems.

Tenntrapper

I've read the biggest part of this thread. My conclusion (not that anyone cares).... What a bunch of horse chit!!! All this crap about...if you hurt/kill my dog, I'll do blah blah blah... 😂 My dog can't read...blah blah blah.. 😂

Let that coon dog hit on the wrong tree, not hunt up to bubba's expectations, etc....that dog loving "coon hunter" will cut its throat themselves.

I despise coon hunters for that very reason.

Of course that doesn't apply to every coon hunter...but you know what I'm talking about...and who you are. Claim to be a dog lover.... 😂 Just a stupid f'n redneck!!

Mattt

I've started hunting some lately. I've got permission to hunt a pretty good sized farm. The guy on the very backside of the farm said we couldn't under any circumstances retrieve our dogs on his property. Odds are pretty low that they will make it that far but they did one night. We now have these Garmin systems that instead of a shock have a tone option and it works really well if you need to get your dog back to you. Trespassing coon dogs should be a thing of the past now if hunters will take advantage of these newer systems.
I run shorthairs for birds. Not many quail here so I go to Kansas,Wyoming for grouse,etc. I can stop my dogs at a mile and do it quite regular during the season. My whole point. Not all but definitely seems like the majority these days of coon hunters have zero respect for anyone else's property. And yes my fences were cut. Cows out, dogfights in my kennel I. The middle of the night,cars scratched,gates run over,etc. irony is the two guys that actually asked I still let them hunt even with that going on. So glad we sold that place.

ALemon

You have no right to hunt on land you don't have permission to be on. I can assure you majority of coon hunters in my area pay no attention to fences, houses, property lines, nor posted signs. Just a complete disregard for everyone involved.
This happens on my property all the time! I am deer hunting and coon dogs are constantly running through my property and my neighbors that they do not have permission to be on. They have no respect for others rights. I know this does not apply to all coon hunters but it is a big problem where I live.

Latest posts