Coon hunters ?

CATCHDAWG

the last sentence in your hysterical rant proves you don't much about laws regarding hounds and what happens when you deny access to someone to get their hounds. Might want to brush up on the law before you have to sign the deed of your land over to a coonhunter who's dogs you injured or killed lol
I agree with the part about shooting someone's dog but show me the law where they have the right to retrieve without the landowners consent. No need to reply unless you can provide a actual numbered statute law saying otherwise.

TNLynn

the last sentence in your hysterical rant proves you don't much about laws regarding hounds and what happens when you deny access to someone to get their hounds. Might want to brush up on the law before you have to sign the deed of your land over to a coonhunter who's dogs you injured or killed lol
Where did he say he was going to injure or kill a dog???? He DOESN'T have to give you permission to get your dog, and you have NO right to trespass if he doesn't.......

TNLynn

It's common sense. And the people blowing the most about it have never had any issues or dealing firsthand with coonhunters because 99% are just like you described.
The ones blowing and threatening what they'd do if they had some coo hunter going to their dogs are just a good example of what's wrong with all the city crap buying 5 acres in the middle of 500 and thinking they control all of not and have no sense how to deal with things the way they've been handled for decades in the country.
Someone's 5 acres in middle of 500 or 50000 acres is STILL their land that they worked to pay for to do as they please! I don't care if you and your family have been hunting it for 50 years! Don't like it, buy it all and do as you wish!

hunter0925

Never once said that I would injure any dog in any way. Reading comprehension must have been lost along with your ability to understand laws. The law, in no way, requires me to allow you to retrieve your animal off of my land. In fact, I can still charge you for trespass while you are trying to get your dog without my permission. You may need to learn the law yourself. I'll gladly give you my address and have the warden waiting on you while you retrieve your dog since I now have his number instead of the county officer.

scn

You might want to brush up on the law if you think coon hunters can legally retrieve their dogs on private lands without landowners permission.

GreeneGriz

You might want to brush up on the law if you think coon hunters can legally retrieve their dogs on private lands without landowners permission.
Where did I say anything about doing it without permission?? YOU might want to brush up on the law if they deny permission and something happens to the hunters dogs… especially at the hands of the landowner.

GreeneGriz

Never once said that I would injure any dog in any way. Reading comprehension must have been lost along with your ability to understand laws. The law, in no way, requires me to allow you to retrieve your animal off of my land. In fact, I can still charge you for trespass while you are trying to get your dog without my permission. You may need to learn the law yourself. I'll gladly give you my address and have the warden waiting on you while you retrieve your dog since I now have his number instead of the county officer.
I've forgot more about the law concerning hunting dogs and retrieval while typing this , than you'll ever hope to know.

GreeneGriz

Someone's 5 acres in middle of 500 or 50000 acres is STILL their land that they worked to pay for to do as they please! I don't care if you and your family have been hunting it for 50 years! Don't like it, buy it all and do as you wish!
Maybe you should learn a little about common sense and being a decent person. It's obvious you're an asshat and "one of those" neighbors. Maybe you should have bought all the land.

GreeneGriz

This thread is a good indication as to why hunting and our traditions will soon be a thing of the past and why country living, being good neighbors, and common sense is no longer common.
If someone has an issue about the occasional coonhunter retrieving their dog that might have crossed onto your property and treed a coon , or heaven forbid, they shoot out the rabies carrying nest raiding vermin, you have a serious problem. It just goes to show you selfish, self centered, and self absorbed people have become.
I'd rather know what it is on your property you're trying hide. Probably baiting deer and turkey and don't want to be found out and turned in.
I haven't turned a hound loose in several years… but in the 30+ years I coonhunted I had 2 asshats throw a fit that we retrieved dogs on their property.,, and they both ended up being into "illegal activity".
It's obvious some of y'all aren't cut out to own property in the country and get along with neighbors. The sad thing is you're so clueless and out of touch with reality, you think I'm the one with the wrong thought process on this topic. Y'all get pissed at me and I just laugh and shake my head at you. You're what's wrong with this count ray and what is ruining country living.

ImThere

This thread is a good indication as to why hunting and our traditions will soon be a thing of the past and why country living, being good neighbors, and common sense is no longer common.
If someone has an issue about the occasional coonhunter retrieving their dog that might have crossed onto your property and treed a coon , or heaven forbid, they shoot out the rabies carrying nest raiding vermin, you have a serious problem. It just goes to show you selfish, self centered, and self absorbed people have become.
I'd rather know what it is on your property you're trying hide. Probably baiting deer and turkey and don't want to be found out and turned in.
I haven't turned a hound loose in several years… but in the 30+ years I coonhunted I had 2 asshats throw a fit that we retrieved dogs on their property.,, and they both ended up being into "illegal activity".
It's obvious some of y'all aren't cut out to own property in the country and get along with neighbors. The sad thing is you're so clueless and out of touch with reality, you think I'm the one with the wrong thought process on this topic. Y'all get pissed at me and I just laugh and shake my head at you. You're what's wrong with this count ray and what is ruining country living.
Just shows how you're a trespasser who has no desire to respect anyone's private property or boundaries.
Make good neighbors by trespassing every chance you get? Huh? in all my years I ain't heard that one.
It hilarious that we are selfish, self absorbed, self centered because we want people to respect our property that we have worked so hard to own. It seems the coon hunters you are describing that trespass at will, with no respect for landowner rights are the selfish, self centered, self absorbed, and maybe they need to buy land to run their dogs on.
You have to be a dumbass Democrat voter that what's ours is yours. We will own nothing and like it.
I apologized because I did come off rude in my first response, but I take it back. You are a liar. My initial thoughts were correct. Your posts since then prove it.
Good day. Welcome to the club. You make number 1

GreeneGriz

Just shows how you're a trespasser who has no desire to respect anyone's private property or boundaries.
Make good neighbors by trespassing every chance you get? Huh? in all my years I ain't heard that one.
It hilarious that we are selfish, self absorbed, self centered because we want people to respect our property that we have worked so hard to own. It seems the coon hunters you are describing that trespass at will, with no respect for landowner rights are the selfish, self centered, self absorbed, and maybe they need to buy land to run their dogs on.
You have to be a dumbass Democrat voter that what's ours is yours. We will own nothing and like it.
I apologized because I did come off rude in my first response, but I take it back. You are a liar. My initial thoughts were correct. Your posts since then prove it.
Good day. Welcome to the club. You make number 1
And again… you put words in my mouth and make a lot of ASSumptions. Go take your meds, check in with your mental counselor, and get off the internet.

hunter0925

I've forgot more about the law concerning hunting dogs and retrieval while typing this , than you'll ever hope to know.
I won't reply after this since it's obvious you think you know everything. Considering another person you just quoted helped write some of these laws shows there are definitely people here that know more than you and the man that helped write them actually backed me up. I actually have read the law on multiple occasions along with staying abreast of other game laws because it directly effects me and mine in TN and multiple other states I hunt. At the end of the day, I pay the taxes and it is people like you that make me want to tell people they can't retrieve their dogs even if they do ask permission. Btw, I've owned property in multiple counties and it's far more than 5 acres and the only state I have ever killed deer over bait in is Ohio. Also, there are far worse things happening in this country than someone expecting their property rights to be respected.

scn

Then put your money where your mouth is!

I'll bet you a crisp $100 bill that you can't provide a statute number for a TENNESSEE law that allows a hunter to go onto PRIVATE land in this state and retrieve a dog without the landowner's permission.

The statute allowing retrieval off of certain government lands doesn't count, nor does the statute dealing with the shooting of hunting dogs on the hunt.

If you know so damn much, it ought to be easy money for you.

And, if you aren't man enough to take the bet because you know your rants are all hot air, then just stfu and crawl back in your hole.

Last edited:

OldFussNFeathers

1685811328186.jpeg

I think a meeting here is in order.

scn

Then put your money where your mouth is!

I'll bet you a crisp $100 bill that you can't provide a statute number for a TENNESSEE law that allows a hunter to go onto PRIVATE land in this state and retrieve a dog without the landowner's permission.

The statute allowing retrieval off of certain government lands doesn't count, nor does the statute dealing with the shooting of hunting dogs on the hunt.

If you know so damn much, it ought to be easy money for you.

And, if you aren't man enough to take the bet because you know your rants are all hot air, then just stfu and crawl back in your hole.
We have the sound of crickets in here.

Not surprised.

TAFKAP

The never ending coonhunter problem continues and I would like an official reccomendation on how to handle the situation.
Coon hunters are putting their dogs out on a small parcel of land they have gained permission to hunt. I have no problems with legal hunting of any sort. The problem is the trespassing, dogs running everywhere, and the excuses for the dogs being where they don't belong. Also the late hours which they will run the dogs.
Our LGD gets worked up by the running dogs, flashlights, and trespassers and will bark the entire remainder of the night.(Doing its job keeping dogs and people out of our sheep) Our livestock also get antagonized by the nightime disruption. This will happen 2-5 nights a week, take a break, then back on again several nights in a row.
I have spoken with the neighbors who do NOT allow hunting and they have not given permission, but are reluctant to "waste their time" prosecuting.
Repeated calls to the TWRA poaching hotline have yielded ... Nothing. No call backs. No officers driving by. Nothing.
Is this a Sheriffs office issue only? A TWRA officer issue? How can I get relief from the trespassing, poaching, and all night activity on and around my property?

Can we please put a bullet in this post that's over a year old?

PickettSFHunter

My contribution having been around coon hunters all my life and having gone myself on occasion: I have Coon hunters ask to hunt one of my little farms all the time. When I say " there's like 2 acres of woods to hunt the rest is field", they all say "well we just want to turn out on you but hunt all the neighbors 😂 " I know they don't have permission, but that's the thought process to a T. I feel for them not having many of the large tracts to hunt anymore but certainly private property rights prevail in America…for now.

Latest posts