Out of state hunters safety cards

Molonlabemike

Newbie question.

I have been having issues finding a solid answer on if my out of state Hunters safety card is valid for TN. Will I be ok or do I need to get a TN card?

waynesworld

All hunters, resident or nonresident, born on or after Jan. 1, 1969, must possess proof that they have successfully completed a Hunter Education course. Hunter Education certification is accepted from all other states.

That is in the eregulations I was thinking there was a way for you to get a copy on your record with TWRA so you don't have to have the card. I remember looking into it when I moved down then I looked at the law and it did not apply to me because of my age. Maybe some of the other members know how to get the out of state on record. I have never heard of any adults getting checked for the course but never know.

Molonlabemike

All hunters, resident or nonresident, born on or after Jan. 1, 1969, must possess proof that they have successfully completed a Hunter Education course. Hunter Education certification is accepted from all other states.

That is in the eregulations I was thinking there was a way for you to get a copy on your record with TWRA so you don't have to have the card. I remember looking into it when I moved down then I looked at the law and it did not apply to me because of my age. Maybe some of the other members know how to get the out of state on record. I have never heard of any adults getting checked for the course but never know.

Thank you. I think I can upload it into my app but wasn't sure

Madbowh

Nationwide , when I first moved to TN used a previous out of state license that's it. I do have archery and gun hunter safety, laminated.

Latest posts