Cold snap and weekend bite…..

redblood

Getting the boat back this afternoon after work. We got all the farm chores done this week and no clients coning this weekend. So when should i fish. Looks like cold air ushers in will some cold wind on Saturday. Would sunday be better. Since the water temps will drop quite a bit, would mid day be best on sunday (38 degrees low). May hunt bow hunt Saturday morning and work on the farm then fish sunday? Crappie only- how will they react to the sudden temp drop? Use to catching summer fish but welcome so fish who are actually hungry!

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I'm gonna call it a wash and work on the duck blind.
Until it stabilizes I'm not good enough to catch them.

Mcboom

The first cold snap of the year can be very good . Should find them in the mouths of the creeks all schooled up. This time of year is my favorite time to crappie fish.

Buzzard Breath

I'd had enough of work today around 2:00, so I threw a rod and a box that had trout magnets and crappie magnets in the car and headed to the lake. I caught a bunch of bluegills and crappies from the bank. Enough that I may change my plans and fish all weekend.

XCR-2

Cold fronts in the fall are different from ones in the spring. Fall fronts push baitfish shallow and spring fronts knock them back a little. I like fishing high pressure cold fronts in the fall. The kind of days that make the sticks and twigs float vertical instead of horizontal.

tellico4x4

The white bass bite is really good right now and smallmouth are there too. Between Thursday afternoon and Friday morning no telling how many whites we caught.
12 year old grandson ain't picky what hits his bait. Last time there he caught a 5-6# drum and in that current it took him forever to get it in. He said that was more fun than any fish he'd ever caught 🤣