Attachments

• IMG_3992.jpeg
    IMG_3992.jpeg
    255.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3994.jpeg
    IMG_3994.jpeg
    287 KB · Views: 10

megalomaniac

Great day!!! What was the water temp and how deep were the specks? Wish the weather would cooperate here. Literally every day I've had off past 3 weeks there has been a small craft advisory. Plus, we got so much rain yesterday, my trout holes are going to be catfish holes by the time I get back down.

7mm08

Great day!!! What was the water temp and how deep were the specks? Wish the weather would cooperate here. Literally every day I've had off past 3 weeks there has been a small craft advisory. Plus, we got so much rain yesterday, my trout holes are going to be catfish holes by the time I get back down.
48 degrees

14-15 ft of water for the trout…… they thought they were safe!!!! Slam shady & a Norton sand eel . They turned their noses up at the mud minnows on a jig head!

Oh the humanity from a fly fisherman discussing that bit of intel!!!

megalomaniac

48 degrees

14-15 ft of water for the trout…… they thought they were safe!!!! Slam shady & a Norton sand eel . They turned their noses up at the mud minnows on a jig head!

Oh the humanity from a fly fisherman discussing that bit of intel!!!
The trout have lice on them and mud on their bellies???

Locally, our water temps have gone from 48 to 54 degrees just in past 3 days. That should have them fired up, just not sure how 4 inches rain yesterday and another 3-4 today is going to affect them. There is a window of opportunity tomorrow afternoon for me to head down after work finishes up at noon. I could get in 5 hours fishing, and thinking hard about it.

7mm08

The trout have lice on them and mud on their bellies???

Locally, our water temps have gone from 48 to 54 degrees just in past 3 days. That should have them fired up, just not sure how 4 inches rain yesterday and another 3-4 today is going to affect them. There is a window of opportunity tomorrow afternoon for me to head down after work finishes up at noon. I could get in 5 hours fishing, and thinking hard about it.
I just cleaned them. Packed in ice overnight. No mud, no lice just a few shrimp in their bellies or nothing at all

WTM

yeah those look like gasper goo or striper filets that hasnt been bled out. a quick snip and 5 minutes will get rid of most of that, unless you like it like that. some folks do.

megalomaniac

What? Really , how?

My peCAN encrusted blackened redfish will cure what blood is there. Ha!

I'll look it up. Thanks
right behind where the pectoral fin meets the body is a very soft spot just the right size to stick your finger in about 1.5 inches. Just give him a poke there as he goes into the cooler, and he'll bleed out great so you don't have to trim off the blood line meat on the skin side.

It doesn't bother me, but my wife will NOT eat any fish that has a fishy taste, so I have to be overly careful with caring for my fish (bleed them, put them in ice/ saltwater slurry, etc. Bleeding reds makes a HUGE difference in quality of meat.

Latest posts