Rain jacket recommendations……

7mm08

I'm sick! Literally. Some of you know I got bit by a black widow spider Thanksgiving afternoon. Long story short… in the hospital 4 days and then at home with my leg up since then. Starting to get going but now I can't find my Simms Guide jacket anywhere. I fished like 4 days before all this crap happened with that jacket. My name and phone number was inside it.

Dang things are like $550 now!!!! Anybody got any suggestions on a great RAIN/Windproof jacket. Most of my foul weather would be from a boat so I don't need a wading jacket per se anymore.

And yes, I've looked EVERYWHERE!!

Thanks

Last edited:

7mm08

For a boat there is not much better than a Grundens Full Share jacket.

Call me crazy but I always got the orange or neon green ones because if I ever ended up dead in the water I wanted to be found quickly for my family's sake.
Ha! My ashes will be spread at my favorite fishing site here, so that isn't an issue.

Thanks!

CliffordN

x2 on the Grundens gear. It is made for commercial fishermen. If they can't tear it up, nobody can (said with utmost respect for commercial fishermen doing a cold, hard, nasty job!)
Can you wear this and be active without sweating inside? And does it get stiff in the cold?

Last edited:

redblood

I'm sick! Literally. Some of you know I got bit by a black widow spider Thanksgiving afternoon. Long story short… in the hospital 4 days and then at home with my leg up since then. Starting to get going but now I can't find my Simms Guide jacket anywhere. I fished like 4 days before all this crap happened with that jacket. My name and phone number was inside it.

Dang things are like $550 now!!!! Anybody got any suggestions on a great RAIN/Windproof jacket. Most of my foul weather would be from a boat so I don't need a wading jacket per se anymore.

And yes, I've looked EVERYWHERE!!

Thanks
If you find it, it will be the last place you looked….I guarantee it. Lol. I bought a really nice rain suit on coop general store in chapel
Hill. It was 99.00 and i thought that was high!

WTM

IMG_1635.jpeg

7mm08

If you find it, it will be the last place you looked….I guarantee it. Lol. I bought a really nice rain suit on coop general store in chapel
Hill. It was 99.00 and i thought that was high!
Redblood is the WINNER!

Coming back from the dump today my wife said " did you look under the pillows in the closet". My DIL bought a bunch of pillows because our old ones in the guest had seen better days. She had put them in the closet and I had put my jacket in there without hanging it up.

Dang if I didn't move the pillows and there it was. That thing has been to Alaska twice, been down the Clinch many times , boat rides across the bay and rivers here, and walked the dog in rain too many to count.

I did order yesterday a waterproof jacket from Duluth on sale. It will come in handy this winter traveling or walking on the beach.

Thanks for all the suggestions .
1703625727154.jpeg

1703625782710.jpeg

7mm08

Now we're just going to have to teach you and @RUGER how to take a picture and leave those rock kicking dirt digging feet out of the pictures 🤣
I ALMOST put in there that my toenails looked better than Ruger's!!! Ha! My big toes however cross over my 2nd because of surgery on both feet 20+ years ago.

TNRifleman

I have he Kuiu Yukon jacket and it's fantastic. I got caught in a storm (driving wind and rain) on a lake and was in a downpour with hail for 45 minutes. When we finally got to shore, I took my jacket off and not a single drop was on my gray t shirt and nothing in my pockets was wet. Everyone else on the boat was 100% soaked from head to toe.

Latest posts