Cold Feet

Mid-Tenn

Spray my feet with Arid Extra dry antiperspirant, thin sock liner, thick wool blend over sock, rubber bottom pack boots laced loosely and a pair of boot blankets while on stand.

DMD

My feet are warm and comfy inside my blanket bag. Thin wicking socjs, uninsured red wing boits, and in the bag first thing this morning. Toasty.
763fee28d7aeb1043b3b25f17bf37487.jpg

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
If your feet are sweating at all, it will cause the cold foot problem. Spray your feet down with antiperspirant before you put your socks on. It helps a ton.

Bone Collector

Winchester":1mhxei3j said:
Artic shield boot blankets are a easy lightweight packable solution that just works!

questions on these, as i have never heard of them until now.

Would it be wise to put them over Arctic Sports or Woody Max Muck boots (these are their more insulated boots) or would that be overkill?

Do you put them on right before you climb a tree or would climbing make your feet sweat and thus make the problem worse?

I'm interested in this as well, because i have poor circulation in my feet, and the Arctic Sports make my feet sweat with the Merino wool socks and after about an hour and half on stand, my feet are freezing.

TX300mag

I put them on once I'm in the stand. I would minimize climbing in them if nothing else to prevent wear and tear.

You can wear them over any boot. I have Woody Max boots and wear them over mine, but lace-up breathable boots are warmer if waterproof isn't necessary for that hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMD

As others have said, the #1 most important step to staying warm is STAYING DRY. I wear thin socks, and uninsured or lightly insulated boots to the stand. Then, either use my Blanket bag or the Arctic shield boot blankets. If really cold, I'll drop a hand warmer in to add some heat. I stay away from rubber boots. To easy to sweat in them.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Coldfusion

I wear rubber boots and love my boots so I'm gonna keep using them...but good points on using antiperspirant on the feet I'm gonna try that. I may try the attic shield too. 50 bucks seems like alot for foot blankets but yesterday sitting in a tree in 18 degree weather with humidity feel of 13 I would have paid double lol. Just ordered a hand muff too since I don't like gloves

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

TX300mag

Coldfusion":ein4e6pa said:
I wear rubber boots and love my boots so I'm gonna keep using them...but good points on using antiperspirant on the feet I'm gonna try that. I may try the attic shield too. 50 bucks seems like alot for foot blankets but yesterday sitting in a tree in 18 degree weather with humidity feel of 13 I would have paid double lol. Just ordered a hand muff too since I don't like gloves

You can normally buy them on eBay or Amazon for $20 or so if you shop around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plinker22

Someone please tell me what a "thin sock liner" really is?

One day I will invest in Boot Blankets or Artic Shield boots covers.

I really don't have a problem with cold feet. I use breathable insulated (1200 thinsilate) boots, very oversized and tree stand hunter wool socks. When it is in the 20s, I add a "toasty toe" on the end of each sock. But like I said, one day I am going to invest in boot covers.

Mike Belt

Twelve years back when I fell and broke my leg I had to wear a boot. No way was I going to get that thing in a hunting boot so I got a pair of boot blankets and wore one on my broken side. Big and noisy but that foot stayed warmer than my good one that sported my hunting boot.

spoon

I wear Muck wooly max with thick pair of BPS life time socks. If temps are in mid 20's to mid teens I'll put some warm feet and toasty toes on good to go. I've never had cold feet again.

The BPS socks will wick the moisture way from your feet and have a lifetime guarantee.

Coldfusion

I've also heard just putting a piece of carpet under your feet in a stand does alot. Anyone do this?

dburt

I use a pair of Boot covers, not the Arctic shield brand, bigger and puffier and way funnier looking to everyone except me, who is not laughing because my feet are toasty. :) It really doesn't matter what I have on underneath them. They're too bulky to walk or climb with, so I have them snapped to my back until I get set, just before I pull up my gun. I've even taken my boots off and slipped my sock feet in. If it's not that cold, I'll wear my too big Rocky boots with 2 layers of socks and a hand warmer under each toe area...that works just fine unless it's really really freezing.

(I found the brand I have, they work probably as well or almost as well as the arctic shield newer ones if you ever find a pair...)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Icebreaker-Cam ... SwP4FaLt5P

Winchester

Bone Collector":q96irk4j said:
Winchester":q96irk4j said:
Artic shield boot blankets are a easy lightweight packable solution that just works!

questions on these, as i have never heard of them until now.

Would it be wise to put them over Arctic Sports or Woody Max Muck boots (these are their more insulated boots) or would that be overkill?

Do you put them on right before you climb a tree or would climbing make your feet sweat and thus make the problem worse?

I'm interested in this as well, because i have poor circulation in my feet, and the Arctic Sports make my feet sweat with the Merino wool socks and after about an hour and half on stand, my feet are freezing.
For best results put them on as soon as you get immobile in the stand. Doing this you retain the heat you have created from walking in and climbing stand, meaning you dont want to wait until your feet are already cold before you put them on, go ahead as soon as your immobile. I promise they work regardless of great boots underneath, however over Mucks is just fine as I do this on occasion myself..
As for sock liners, they are very thin with wicking capability to keep your feet dry. Merino wool socks over these work great.

280longshot

It hasn't been cold enough for my feet to get cold. Honestly I wear non insulated Irish Setter rubber boots with a mid weight merino wool sock.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Coldfusion

280longshot":12ox9q46 said:
It hasn't been cold enough for my feet to get cold. Honestly I wear non insulated Irish Setter rubber boots with a mid weight merino wool sock.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Did you hunt last Saturday when with humidity it was 13? I have the same exact boots (which are fantastic) and had on two pair of wool socks and some thin cotton ones as a base. My feet were freezing.

Latest posts