Cold Feet

L

Life at 20'

Okay, wanted to check with everyone about what they use in their boots to keep your feet warm? I wear Lacrosse Rubber boots exclusively. I've got bad circulation and keeping my feet warm is an issue. Anyone tried Thermacell Foot warmers?

Gwtaylor

Gwtaylor

Have a pair and love them. You will not feel heat from the insole, but your feet will not get cold.

M

MickThompson

Artic shield boot blankets for me. I could immediately tell a difference when I slipped them on yesterday afternoon. And they don’t need to be charged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coldfusion

Coldfusion

3 pair of socks 2 are wool...feet were still cold this morning. Thanks for starting this thread I'm interested in responses as well.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ImThere

ImThere

I wore my early season socks and non insulated rubber boots this morning. I put hand warmer insoles in and toe warmers in. I carried my Arctic shield boot blankets but never pulled them out. It made me want to try heated insoles for sure

T

tahtah

I don't think mine are "boot blankets" but they look just like them. I've had them for over 20 years. I wear them when the temps start getting consistently below 35 and they really make a difference. I get settled into my stand and them slip them on over my boots and before long, my feet are warmed up. And you really know how well they are working when you slip them off!

H

HuntingDicksonDTC

R.I.P.
What Andy said. Bought Mucks from GNB earlier this year feet still got cold added toe warmers on the last hunt was alot better but wasn't hunting the temps over the weekend either...

Andy S.":zrg9uy03 said:
Liner sock, Cabelas Deluxe Cold Weather over the calf sock and Muck Woody Max boots. Hunted last two mornings with low of 20 and my feet did fine.

If this combination don’t get you there, add toe warmers for the handful of mornings you need them.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas- ... 732820.uts

T

TnBob

MickThompson":1tezfhpl said:
Artic shield boot blankets for me. I could immediately tell a difference when I slipped them on yesterday afternoon. And they don’t need to be charged.

I use these with one of the adhesive backed warmers stuck to the toe of my boot. Started using them this year. My feet always got cold before.

Buzzard Breath

Buzzard Breath

Light weight boots that don't trap in the moisture when my feet sweat while walking to the stand, toe warmers, and boot blankets. Winning combination.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

M

Mike Belt

Way back my feet freezing would drive me out of the woods. Then I began springing for better boots and there weren't many offered. Now there are many different boots to choose from. A pair of liner socks, a good wool blend sock, and my pair of Muck boots and I'm good to go. I never use the hand warmers in my boots. If you're going to, use the toe warmers. I found out after singeing the hair off my toes that the difference between hand warmers and toe warmers is the amount of oxygen required to activate and run them. It was my experience that with less oxygen inside your boots the hand warmers burned hotter than they do elsewhere.

R

ruger7mag

Arctic Shield boot blankets are the way to go.

X-Tennessean

X-Tennessean

I use a pair of thin liner socks, good pair of wool socks and I wear a muck boot that is 2 sizes bigger than my normal everyday boots. Tried everything under the sun and moon for that matter but nothing worked until this.

I stumbled upon this one year when I forgot my boots and had to wear my fathers which are 2 sizes to big!! It was in the teens and had been for a couple days and my feet stayed warm.

I think the issue is as mentioned lack of circulation, with this combo I have room to wiggle my toes which aids in the circulation. Even being 2 sizes to big the boots still wear comfortably and no issues at all.

If you don't want to be out any $$ on boots try borrowing a pair from a family member or a friend and give it a try!!

D

DRSJ35

moving around my feet are fine in just about anything.Its sitting in the tree that gets me.i havnt found anything that works 100%.

T

TnKen

My cold feet used to drive me out of the woods. It didn’t matter what boots I wore, my toes always froze.

I now were a pair of liner socks, a pair of merino wool socks and boot blankets. Since I have been doing this my feet never get cold.

TX300mag

TX300mag

Air!!!

Muck Boots serve their purpose, but it's not sitting in a deer stand for prolonged periods of time after walking any length of time. On the rare occasion my feet do get cold, it's when I have to walk through a creek or swamp in my Mucks.

Sock liner, ONE pair of merino/smart wool socks, breathable boot, and a boot insulators if my feet are on a metal stand (most often).

Don't underestimate a barrier between you and a metal stand on longer sits.

P

PalsPal

ruger7mag":2lykethj said:
Arctic Shield boot blankets are the way to go.

I'll third this. These with a hand warmer are the only thing that has kept my feet warm.

gobblegrunt

gobblegrunt

The thermacell foot warmers really don't last that long. So what I do is if I feel like my feet start to get cold ill turn them on for a few to warm my feet up and then turn them back off to conserve the battery.

B

Boll Weevil

I have the Thermacell insoles and don't turn them on until my toes start to get cold; they work well.

J

JKC

Artic shield boot blankets and toe warmers for me and I wear Lacrosse Rubber boots also. Put the artic shields on as soon as you get in your stand.