Cold Feet

280longshot

Coldfusion":1s6ympve said:
280longshot":1s6ympve said:
It hasn't been cold enough for my feet to get cold. Honestly I wear non insulated Irish Setter rubber boots with a mid weight merino wool sock.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Did you hunt last Saturday when with humidity it was 13? I have the same exact boots (which are fantastic) and had on two pair of wool socks and some thin cotton ones as a base. My feet were freezing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Yes.

Coldfusion

280longshot":k8fjgfan said:
Coldfusion":k8fjgfan said:
280longshot":k8fjgfan said:
It hasn't been cold enough for my feet to get cold. Honestly I wear non insulated Irish Setter rubber boots with a mid weight merino wool sock.

Did you hunt last Saturday when with humidity it was 13? I have the same exact boots (which are fantastic) and had on two pair of wool socks and some thin cotton ones as a base. My feet were freezing.

Yes.

Your feet are tougher than mine I guess. Let's trade feet

Rollo

Stay away from any cotton in your boots. Holds moisture. My feet were always cold hunting as long as I can remember. until I discovered marino wool. I wear marino blend socks year round, every day. pull moisture away from skin and feet don't stink (as bad...). Bamboo fiber is also good for wicking moisture. I wear a normal thickness Smartwool hiking sock under a marino wool sock in my Muck Woody Max boots, making sure to have plenty of toe wiggle room. You need the air pocket in the boot to give proper ventilation and insulating factors. Sometimes I'll pull my boots off to let them breath, then put my boot covers on. Always toasty warm. It's a lot to do in the stand but if you use the boot covers right off when it's really cold you shouldn't have cold feet.

Latest posts