Catoosa ML Hunt

fredfred

When I got down and was taking my tree stand down I heard them coming grunting up a storm. So much I thought it was one of those gangs of hogs. They were coming straight at me and I was thinking of hopping back up on the platform. At about 20 yards they turned and stopped. I still thought it was hogs. Then the doe started blowing but not at me, the wind was in my face. She blew and ran a 50 yard circle and it sounded like 2-3 bucks were chasing her. Another buck stood at 15-20 yards and grunted nearly non-stop. I've never heard a buck grunt that deep. They chased her right back in my face but I never could see them. This went on for 5 minutes. All day and I missed it by 10 minutes :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tennessee Lead

fredfred said:
Tennessee Lead said:
Maybe they will be back in the morning Fred

Probably will be but I wont :( I gotta work but I think I'm off sunday. Maybe the rain/wind will hold off

I hope so. It was tuff today. I want my dad to kill one up there so bad. We've hunted up there for years and he has never been fortunate enough to see a legal Buck.

Barnes Ridge Rambler

fredfred said:
Oh man this really sucks a biggun, having to work on such a perfect morning. Especially after yesterday

Now I don't care one bit to go check on your spot for you this morning. You know, to give you a sitrep ;-) ha. Slow here. Haven't seen anything. Heard 6 shots

RutnStrut

I thought I heard one grunting behind me in a thicket earlier, but I haven't seen anything so far. Perfect morning but wind starting to pick up some now. Only heard 3 shots so far, maybe they will move late because of the frost.

RutnStrut

I did not see a deer today, but both my partners seen one small buck a piece, a 6 and a 4 pointer. Going to give it one more try in the morning then we are headed to the house.

RutnStrut

Carlos, maybe we can get together next year to bow hunt Catoosa. You sounded like a great fella on the phone even though we didn't get a chance to meet face to face. Catch you on the next trip and keep the Catoosa Kill thread updated. Thanks again for the hospitality.

fredfred

Sounds like living here and hunting there for 25 years has its advantages :) Sorry I couldn't help put you on a deer but those special places are hard to come by. I could've helped you for the first gun hunt before they were pressured.

fredfred

Well I'm setting here waiting on daylight. Wind is blowing pretty bad but its dry as a popcorn fart so they should be easy to hear anyway. I bet I've nearly got the whole 80,000+ acres to myself.

sgtwebb1

We headed out just as the rain moved in.
Only saw 4 does total since Friday pm, found good buck sign, fresh rubs, but couldn't get 'em headed our way.
Windy as heck Saturday all day and temps in the upper 50's, and this am windy as before, temps low 50's.
Good bonding time with my son, but the hunting sucked.
Still a good trip, found some good spots to try next time.

Latest posts