Catoosa

Armadilloking308

Anyone real familiar with catoosa? Tried calling the number in the book didn't have much luck. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was okay to quarter a deer up in the woods and back pack it out. Also it seems from what I have read you can hunt either side regardless of what the permit you have said? Can anyone point me in the right direction here? I would appreciate it.

deerfever

I don't think you could do that simply due to the fact that at Catoosa unless told otherwise all deer must be taken to the checking station that they operate to be checked. They weigh them and usually take some other information . Again I may be wrong as some things changed during Covid , most are back to normal now ,but I believe that is correct if you read the hunt guide.

killingtime 41

You can hunt either side but it must be checked in on the side you got picked for's check station. And no you cannot quarter it up. And you cannot check it in on your phone. You have to have a paper tag you have to print out. It has to be attached to the buck after you kill it. Or you can't move it till it has the paper tag on it. Then it must be brought to the check station to be checked in by the wardens.

Armadilloking308

You can hunt either side but it must be checked in on the side you got picked for's check station. And no you cannot quarter it up. And you cannot check it in on your phone. You have to have a paper tag you have to print out. It has to be attached to the buck after you kill it. Or you can't move it till it has the paper tag on it. Then it must be brought to the check station to be checked in by the wardens.
Thank you. This is the clarification I was looking for.

Latest posts