Caney Fk Informational Meeting (May 27)

TTU Biologist

Attention: All Fishermen, Guides and Caney Fork River Enthusiasts
Caney Fork Workshop � Thursday, 27 May 6:00-8:00 at Center Hill Resource Manager�s Maintenance Shop Facility
Co-Hosted by TWRA and the Corps of Engineers, Nashville District

Thursday, May 27th, TWRA and the Corps of Engineers will conduct a Caney Fork Workshop for fishermen, guides and the general public. The purpose is to discuss factors affecting the Caney Fork water quality and fishery over the past year, particularly increased rainfall and generation. We will address river users� observance of muddy flow and sediment deposits. The Corps will describe water quality treatment associated with the seepage construction. Tennessee Tech University biologists will describe the results of fish sampling over the past year. TWRA will explain the rationale for the current trout creel limits and stocking plans for the year. We welcome your participation and comments.

Date: Thursday, May 27th
Where: Center Hill Resource Manager�s Maintenance Shop Facility
When: 6:00 - 8:00
Who: Corps, TWRA, TTU/USGS

Workshop Agenda:

I. Welcome and Introductions

II. Trout Creel Limits & Stocking Plans- Jason Henegar (TWRA)

III. Seepage Rehabilitation Update & Other
Seepage Overview & Aeration Plans- Linda Adcock (Corps)
Best Management Practices- David Loyd (Corps)

IV. 2009- A Year in Review (30 mins)
Water Management- Bob Sneed (Corps)
Water Quality Monitoring- Richard Tippit (Corps)
Recent Fish Sampling Results- Tomas Ivasauskas or Phil Betolli (TTU)

IV. Discussion � (ALL)

TTU Biologist

Shorefisherman - this is Tomas - we have been fishing together many times (along with Tubbs), and we need to go again soon. I believe I have actually met a number of the [very friendly] people on this board face-to-face.

I suppose I will take this opportunity to briefly introduce myself. I work at Tennessee Tech University as coordinator of the US Army Corps-funded biologic assessment of the Caney Fork River. We are monitoring the fish community seasonally and establishing a long-term biomonitoring program, as well as conducting creel surveys. We hope that the information that we gain from both aspects of this project can aid the Corps (and, of course, TWRA) in managing the river. If you ever encounter the TTU Caney Fork Sampling Crew, feel free to approach us and ask questions or to just watch us sample. River regulars will undoubtedly meet one of the TTU creel clerks this year--we thank you in advance for your help.

I confess that I have been lurking on this board for years; it is a great source of information for me, both as a fisherman and as a biologist. Now that I have *finally* registered, I will keep this community up-to-date on any happenings regarding the Caney Fork River and its fishery, and will be happy to answer any relevant questions.

shorefisherman

oh, dang..whats up tomas!.....i kinda thought it was u, i remember tubbs telling me that u work there....thats kool.
well go fish for sure soon.
let us know how the meeting went, for ill be fishing that eve w nobody on the water :D

ps..can i borrow the shocking generator :D
no........that woulnt be fishing

gil1

Tomas - I met you when I was talking with Betolli at the Hendersonville Fly fishing Club. Welcome to the site.

Tell Tubbs that Gil says hello. I think he's on the 8-year plan at Tech. ;)
Deep down, I know TubbyTubbs misses me. :grin:

B.D.

Betolli's presentation at the HFFC was one of the most informative in quite a while. Tomas, if you don't mind, please pass along thanks to him.

Gil, are you going to the Caney meeting?

bd

Latest posts