May Flies everywhere...

Sako

Went out to the boat dock this morning and the spider webs we just full of large may flies... There were none a few days ago... I wonder if this influenced the top water bit I had Thursday evening that was so good...

JRC1

This is the thickest I can remember them being around Kentucky Lake. Paris area. So thick in many areas that the tree limbs are sagging.

RobbyW

Tree on the edge of the water. Zoom in.
IMG_4425.jpeg

JRC1

Another pic from Paris Landing area. Tree limbs around bank were sagging.

Attachments

• C29239BE-6C59-4AE4-BD44-166AAE79B398.jpeg
    C29239BE-6C59-4AE4-BD44-166AAE79B398.jpeg
    353.4 KB · Views: 44

NumberOne

Fished KY on Saturday. It was like eel grass mats on guntersville. It was hard to cast the flies were so thick. Fishing was tough in our tourney. Pretty good guys on the south end and there were a lot of zeros.

BigCityBubba

Time to bust out the fly rods and popping bugs. My father and I used to fly fish Ky Lake this time every year since I was a kid. We would catch hundreds of bluegill in a day with the occasional bass. It seemed like every year my father would hook a bluegill and have a smallmouth eat it. My father would fight it up to the boat and the smallmouth would cough up the bluegill.

One method some of my friends would use would be to throw your lure up in the tree and shake the mayflies out of it and then fish the water when it started boiling with bluegill. The bass would feed on the bluegill.

Atchman2

Wow, I'm glad I read this! I went last night on Fort Loudon to my normal spots=NOTHING. THEN I started fishing under low hanging trees. We loaded up on Bluegill. I gave a bunch away to a father and his kid. My wife even caught a 2 lb largemouth which is tough on a Bluegill pole!

I"m going to get my flyrod out and go back. I remember one year on Watts Bar that the Bluegill would hit a fly or popping bug so hard it didn't have any feather left.

Latest posts