Busted!

PSEshooter16

Friday morning i went out before heading to the pigeon forge rod runs all weekend so i was hoping to make it the best weekend ever with 2 birds in a week then some relxing fun. well i sit there til 10:30 and nothing. all of a sudden a bird walks up and gobbles 50 yards from me. i guess the hens left him and he remembered my calls from earlier that he didnt respond to. amazing how they can pinpoint sounds. anyways, he is directly to my left, barely behind me. i have a blind made of two camo sheet type things, not a pop up blind or anythng, just so happens the blind covers my front and right sides, not the left! since i cant see over the blind if im on the ground i have to sit in a fold up chair. im left handed and cant turn to shoulder the gun all the way when the bird is ditectly to my left and i had two decoys in front of me so i count on the bird to walk to the decoys. Nope! he walks a little behind me ane im stting there gun shouldered just a few inches from getting the bead on him and i cant turn my body anymore to the left to get him. he gives me the perfect shot and im so close but so far away! im sitting perfectly still and then he just takes off out of nowhere. i grab the call to try to call him down and make him stop but that wasnt happening, i guess he saw my eyes or thought something was up when he didnt see a hen, i wish i could just ask him what i did wrong lol. the next hour went by with him and another gobbling to me but not coming so by this time im pissed and have to leave for pigon forge anyways. this bird was a big one too, the biggest i wouldve taken. so frustrating!

catman529

I just had the same frustration after fly down and he was barely 60 or 70 yards from me and gobbling fresh off the roost. It happens.... guess what... I will be back in that same spot and hope you get the same second chance with your bird to get some lead in his head.

Latest posts