Busted

Rakkin6

Well I had one gobbling this morning at about 100 yards. I was on a field and he was in the woodline. I was hoping he would start coming towards me but he wouldn't budge one bit. So I decided to move a little closer towards him maybe by 30 yards or so in the woods. And of course has luck would have he was coming to me about the same time and we met face to face. The only reason I decided to get a little aggressive was because the 3 times he gobbled he was in the same spot. Then he got tight lipped. Well wouldn't you know it I got aggressive to soon. But at least they are playing. Still a good day in my book.

Setterman

If he's yapping and goes quiet, never ever move until he gobbles again or it's been long enough body parts are going numb. It's usually a sure sign they're headed your way. Also resist the urge to check him to get him to gobble, he knows where you are make him come search for you. An ill timed check in call can hang them up or get you picked off

Rakkin6

I am am aggressive turkey hunter what can I say.

Attachments

• unnamed.gif
    unnamed.gif
    935 KB · Views: 49

megalomaniac

If you got other birds gobbling you know you can work, you did nothing wrong. I'd rather play with 3 or 4 birds than actually kill one.

If he was the only show in town, you screwed up big time. Nothing worse than bumping a bird and spending the entire rest of the day searching and hoping to find another to no avail.

At least you know where he is and should be able to get back on him this week.

DoubleRidge

Many times I wished I was more aggressive..... sometimes it pays off.... sometimes it cost you....you know he's around the area...get back on him....good luck!

Latest posts