Bush hog or not

BHC

This is our first yr on the new lease and I plan to turn the plots here pretty soon. I'm using an ole turn plow just to loser the soil real good, then we will come back this fall with disc. My question is should be bush hog first or just turn the ground as is..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

csi-tech

Some people use glyphosate before they turn it under and others bush hog it. I have always just cut it close then drag a scarifier through it before I disc it. Always turns out great. I think if you plan to have plots this year and till under the overgrowth you might regret it.

MickThompson

Spray. You won't get rid of perennial grasses with tillage. They will come back from rootstock. Maypops (passionflower) can be just as bad. If it's just annuals, you may be alright, but proper site prep will increase the production and longevity of your plot.

PillsburyDoughboy

Without a soil analysts your sorta shooing in the dark wasting ammo IMHO. Your going to need to find something that is going to take hold and out compete your weeds and existing growth. Not always a easy task. Seed is not cheap. Soil analyst is.

Row cutting and Fertilizing your existing "weeds" may bring just as good of immediate results as a food plot unless you spend some real time and investment in your property. It won't look as good.. But it will certainly give the deer everything they need.., cover and nutrition

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts