Bullet comparison video

mike243

Looks like the Powerbelt wins the speed and maybe the best long range. I liked the 240g . I think the heavy weights may be great on bigger than deer critters , Throw some rib bones into the mix and stuff will change quickly I would bet

GMB54

Do you really think the same load of BH209 got a 330gr ELR out of the barrel 100ish fps faster than a Smackdown 250gr?.............Pretty unlikely plus the guy is a loon shooting loads that exceed both CVA's and Western's load data with that 500gr conical. Not so much he shot them but uploaded a video like its a normal thing to do. Very poor judgement on his part too. You never know if a total novice might see that and think its ok or a typical safe load.

GMB54

Shot with a commonly used load, big lead is great. 80gr by volume of BH209 and a 460gr is good for about 1400fps in my 45s. A 350gr only takes about 70grV. Sure makes using BH209 far more affordable and will flatten anything on hooves too.

Im just shocked that someone that "loves muzzleloading" was not aware of the how to shoot big lead. Even his loading of the paper patch looked wrong to me. It appeared to be way too tight loading. Probably tore most of it off before it ever seated on the powder.

Latest posts