BSK

archer19

Glad to see you back. I always appreciated you sharing your thoughts with us....and I loved the stories and the photos of the yearly hikes.

Got any recent stories like the 4 wheeler vs train story to share? :D
Need a repost, that one was epic!!!!!

BSK

So what say the BSK about the CWD?

Honestly, I haven't kept up with the latest research on the topic (probably because it's too depressing). But my opinion? CWD will eventually (but slowly) spread through most of the whitetail's world. Over the VERY long term, the white-tailed deer in particular will eventually become immune to the disease through Natural Selection. However, the very slow progression of the disease in individual deer (the slow mortality) will also slow the rate at which Natural Selection works. It may take hundreds of generations to become genetically immune.

Bushape

Still somewhat new to this board. Who is this guy? From what I can gather he has 1311% more knowledge about deer than the average hunter.

tn droptine

Great to see you back Brian! I'm still lurking around here, even though I now live down in FL.

Tell ya what - never hunted anywhere they have allowed dogs for deer hunting. Needless to say I'm not a fan, pretty much kills public land hunting for me...

Lincoln Co Archer

Still somewhat new to this board. Who is this guy? From what I can gather he has 1311% more knowledge about deer than the average hunter.
He is a whitetail expert/biologist/land manager that has forgotten more about whitetail deer than 99.9% of us will ever know. One of the few true pioneers of deer hunting data, QDMA, and land management. He is an invaluable resource to us all, and we are lucky to have him back posting on TNDeer.

Latest posts