BSK

Antler Daddy

Now we are getting somewhere! I love that 2015 buck.

Father Time is also at work. You have aged since 2013. So have I. The last 6-8 years have been the most stressful for me.

BSK

I'm tell you what, no matter how hard I work at staying physically young, Father Time is having his way with me. After spending all day yesterday climbing up and down ridges and hollows marking timber, I struggled to drag myself out of bed this morning. I hurt in places I didn't know I had.

BSK

To quote my grandfather "getting old sucks". He was around 80 and I was around 30 when he shared that nugget with me. LOL Now that I am knocking on 60 I share his opinion.

I hear you! I'm pushing the 60 mark as well, and although I do all sorts of activities trying to keep my body as young as possible - road run, trail run, speed hike on rocky steep trails - doing anything "different" reminds me of how old I really am. We recently started building an addition on our hunting cabin, and with all the bending, lifting, sawing and nailing my back is now killing me, my shoulders hurt, my neck feels like it has broken glass in it... Ugh.

7mm08

I hear you! I'm pushing the 60 mark as well, and although I do all sorts of activities trying to keep my body as young as possible - road run, trail run, speed hike on rocky steep trails - doing anything "different" reminds me of how old I really am. We recently started building an addition on our hunting cabin, and with all the bending, lifting, sawing and nailing my back is now killing me, my shoulders hurt, my neck feels like it has broken glass in it... Ugh.
Ok... did you quit smoking..... unless I'm confused I remember that as an issue at one time. That's THE best thing you can do to preserve your health.

Snake

I'm 66 and the sixties will kick your rear . I still have decent wind but with my bad back where I used to always walk to my stands then if needed for a deer I'd get my four wheeler but now I drive as close as I can usually 100 yds.when I can. Lazy about scouting as well . Used to alot of in season scouting but not so much any more .

Big Gun

I'm tell you what, no matter how hard I work at staying physically young, Father Time is having his way with me. After spending all day yesterday climbing up and down ridges and hollows marking timber, I struggled to drag myself out of bed this morning. I hurt in places I didn't know I had.
I know the feeling. Welcome back.

BSK

Ok... did you quit smoking..... unless I'm confused I remember that as an issue at one time. That's THE best thing you can do to preserve your health.
Yup. Took up vaping to quit smoking. Worked like a charm. Still vape but at extremely low nicotine levels (about 1/20th the nicotine of a cigarette). My lungs have completely cleared up, heart super-healthy. Can run hard for over 2 hours without stopping. Honestly, NEVER thought I would be able to do that, even when I was young.

7mm08

Yup. Took up vaping to quit smoking. Worked like a charm. Still vape but at extremely low nicotine levels (about 1/20th the nicotine of a cigarette). My lungs have completely cleared up, heart super-healthy. Can run hard for over 2 hours without stopping. Honestly, NEVER thought I would be able to do that, even when I was young.
Awesome! Congrats!

Latest posts