Brisket

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Trimmed the fat cap and other excess fat, rubbed it down last night in a homemade rub to "dry brine", re-rubbed it this evening, and put it on the pellet smoker using hickory pellets at 225. I'll take it off sometime tomorrow late morning or early afternoon when it gets around 205 and "jiggles." I'll then wrap it and let it rest in a cooler for at least 4hr

I jokingly tell my wife that this is a clod of meat that could teach the world to love 🤣. She at least partially agrees
A32DC2E2-EABE-43BC-B4B0-9CE6269ACE6D.jpeg

Last edited:

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I'm having better luck below 200. Interested to see how this goes.
Every time I've done it this way so far it has turned out primo. But every piece of meat is different. This one SEEMS like one of the best briskets yet based upon marbling, but we'll see how it renders throughout the meat as it smokes

Shag

I've got an offset smoker and use charcoal and wood. I try to keep mine 225-250 for brisket. Usually takes 16-24 hours. Wrap in butcher paper when it hits 160-165. Pull at 200ish, wrap in towels and cooler rest for around 4 hours or until time to serve…Ive left them in the cooler for up to 7 hours (probably the best one Ive ever done).

mike243

Looks great, got to smoke 3 at 1 time next month , hope they come out looking as good as yours, will run high smoke low temp for 2-3 hours along with a pellet tube stuffed with shag bark and pellets. looks like a feed time of 7pm on sat so a bump up to 250-275 with a few hours rest. Did you separate the point and the flat? . the fat layer between the 2 sometimes throws newbe's off when looking at it lol

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Looks great, got to smoke 3 at 1 time next month , hope they come out looking as good as yours, will run high smoke low temp for 2-3 hours along with a pellet tube stuffed with shag bark and pellets. looks like a feed time of 7pm on sat so a bump up to 250-275 with a few hours rest. Did you separate the point and the flat? . the fat layer between the 2 sometimes throws newbe's off when looking at it lol
I left them together. I cut at an angle until I get to just past where they meet, then I turn 90 degrees. I leave the fat between there until it is served, especially if it has to be saved and reheated. Makes incredible brisket sandwiches

Latest posts