Super Bowl Brisket

gasman

I've never tried smoking a brisket, so this is new to me. Wish me luck.

Fired up the smoker/grill at 6 am this morning. Got temp adjusted and holding between 250*-275*. Shooting for internal temp around 200* right now at 11:00 am it's at 120* internal. Keeping it sprayed with apple juice, over hickory smoke.

At 165* gonna wrap it and put it back on until it reaches 200*

Looking good and smelling good. Hopefully it will be good. We shall see.

Go Eagles 🦅

Attachments

• BCE0EE82-F900-41E7-8F5C-FBDE1FC1EE0A.jpeg
    BCE0EE82-F900-41E7-8F5C-FBDE1FC1EE0A.jpeg
    343.9 KB · Views: 44

TN Song Dog

What temp you at now? If you can, try and rest it in a cooler with towels around it for a couple hours before slicing. Definately make sure it cools before slicing, though. If you see steam coming off when silcing, that's moisture being lost.

gasman

What temp you at now? If you can, try and rest it in a cooler with towels around it for a couple hours before slicing. Definately make sure it cools before slicing, though. If you see steam coming off when silcing, that's moisture being lost.
165* now. Just wrapped in paper. Back on the smoker. Gonna check it at 3pm and at 4pm. Probably not gonna have 2 hrs for it to rest but hopefully it will get done

Shag

Looks like a great first attempt! Next time go with a full packer brisket (point and flat) with a BIG fat cap. Allow at least 18, preferably 24 hours from when you start smoking til time to eat. I have wrapped in towels and cooler rested for 6 hours when they got up to 205 ahead of schedule. That makes for the best brisket I have ever eaten.

Latest posts