BOYCOTT the TWRA

cmn

Well, what do they do with the money they get? My idea of "fixing" is maybe it is time for a change in the TWRA.

And I am not proposing they spend more money, it would be nice to know what they are doing with what they already have and why is the TWRA talking about spending more building and maintaining duck blinds and more law enforcement to enforce these new proposals or other wildlife suffering because wardens are going to be policing duck blinds.
you may attend any commission meeting on the budget and ask these questions. I have dealt with the agency and commission for years. I may not agree with all decisions but I have always been able to voice my opinion. Changes are tough but be willing to be a part of a solution or a compromise...They do spend the money they have for the sportsman AND for the resource and they do their best. They are not perfect by any means BUT they do have the sportsman, fish, game and non game animals to both protect and promote. This is my opinion on the subject

RoyalPrudent

I disagree, deer and turkeys, what does it take to have deer and turkeys? Game laws that limit harvest and a place for them to live and people to hunt.

What story are you referring to? The Cumberland Wildlife Management Area? It isn't a "story" and was personally told to me by Mary Motlow, she was a close, dear friend of mine. She had a lot to say about how disappointing the TWRA was. That is why that WMA was lost.

TWRA does no conservation to speak of, no manipulation of land, etc. Just get land and introduce the animals and pass laws that help the animals get to a healthy population. How hard is that, especially with deer and turkeys.

Since you know so much, educate me on conservation and how they have contributed, other than buying land and saying it is open to hunting.
It's pretty clear that you think of "Conservation" as planting food for deer, turkey, and ducks. It's much more than that. I'm not going to argue with you, since you won't be convinced anyway, but considering the resources they have, which isn't much, I'm incredibly impressed with what they do. We have more public land per capita than almost any state in the east and we have countless opportunities. On top of that, their job isn't just game animals, they do conservation of fish, and non-game animals as well as LE for game laws. And they do it all with less than 700 employees.

Monk74

No they do not. They contract out planting, but as far as I know the TWRA itself does nothing. In my lifetime all I have ever know is that they lease out the land to farmers.

This is what I am saying, they set seasons and bag limits, enforce the laws (I fully support the game wardens, they are under paid and under staffed in my opinion and I have also been told the law enforcement part of the TWRA basically has ZERO input into any decisions) but the TWRA does absolutely nothing for land management, wildlife management, conservation, etc. for the animals and the hunters.

They do provide some dove fields, and much of that has went away, but go to any management area and see what, if anything they actually do. Go ahead, educate me.

I know they have contracted out timbering on Catoosa, which I think is awesome and huge help to hunting and animals, and there are some who are against that, but I think it is great.

Anyone know if they are doing anything about wild hogs?

And they say they don't have the money to do basically anything, they don't even pay farmers to farm the land to help provide additional food, and now they are going to build and maintain duck blinds and the game wardens are going to police these few day quota permits and the blinds that do not allow blind hopping?

Really?

The guy at the wildlife division told me they have no clue about details, how any of the regulations are going to be enforced. He said I do not know how we will enforce the proposed blind rule changes. But the commission is going to vote to approve these changes in a couple weeks?

Yes, there is a problem with the TWRA, NOT law enforcement (other than being underpaid and understaffed), but a problem for sure.
I detoxed myself from any social media 6 years ago. I'm beginning to remember why. I have seen, with my own eyes 7-8 months ago men wearing twra uniforms planting food for ducks. Also saw them decide too flood holes a week before the date that was set. BASICALLY THERE'S A LOT IS MISINFORMATION- UNINFORMED PEOPLE BECAUSE NOBODY KNOWS WHATS GOING ON OR WHO's MAKING THESE DECISIONS. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHO MAKES THESE PROPOSALS TO THE WILDLIFE COMMISSION? WHAT PERCENTAGE OF HUNTERS CAN GO TO A COMMISSION MEETING AT 10 AM ON A THURSDAY ?If it isn't the wardens the changes are just brought to the commissioner's to vote on, who recommended this? Enlighten me. Pretty please.
What are you talking about? Most Latin American immigrants I see are too busy earning 3 paystubs to spend much time fishing.

Or did I also miss where George Soros is releasing hybrid raccoons to raid turkey nests?
I don't know where you are but ,Mexicans or wherever they're from fish a lot in mid Tennessee and don't cull nothing. And I'd earn three paystubs if I wasn't getting taxed or was illegal not paying income tax getting free healthcare and all that.
My problem is more how it was pushed through rather than having it dropped from 3 to 2.
how was it pushed through?
That's the PG version of what he said yesterday.
you have me confused with someone who curses. Obviously. No worries

Monk74

Even though they are self funded they are still accountable to the public. If you have complaints try the TWRA head offices and the commissions, post on there social media and go up their chain. I know how letters to the Gov make some people know. Also their site has a way to lodge a complaint
That's the PG version of what he said yesterday.
I see on their facebook page all the time, support the TWRA. I believe most all their funding comes from licenses, so it makes it a difficult thing to do, because I am not going to break game laws and do not encourage anyone to break them. But maybe it is time for a change, what that is, I am not sure, but I am FAR from alone in thinking things are not right with the TWRA and there are many things happening that are not in the best interest of hunters and fishermen. The fisheries in our state are being destroyed by the immigrant population (there are also Americans who are just as bad), but that is a fact. There are not enough officers to police that situation. Not even close. Just go watch, it won't take long to see one violation after another.
Well said sir.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
It was pushed through by the commission directing TWRA to change it after the biologist told them there was no scientific reason for reducing the limit. So the science was ignored to do the will of the commission. It didn't hurt anything, but it hasn't produced monster bucks, or even much larger bucks, behind every tree like some though it would.

flyinpro

I been reading and thinking for several days on this thread. Frankly, I don't know how to boycott the TWRA unless I just don't buy a license and I can assure you that's not gonna happen.

I know there are butt heads wearing the badge, but the other 95% of the officers I have come in contact with seemingly were hardworking people with a thankless job.

on the blind drawing changes that may be coming, I support them. Yes, I'm a guy who got tried of driving to a circus everyone calls the hand draw. I have emailed the commission as well and told them this change needed to take place. I have been emailing them for 6 years now telling them changes need to be made.

is it so bad that a few guys from East Tennessee might get a real opportunity to hunt a blind our TWRA fees have paid for? Personally, if I could get two spots year for 4 days I'd be happy. My $0.02 is in.

Hduke86

I been reading and thinking for several days on this thread. Frankly, I don't know how to boycott the TWRA unless I just don't buy a license and I can assure you that's not gonna happen.

I know there are butt heads wearing the badge, but the other 95% of the officers I have come in contact with seemingly were hardworking people with a thankless job.

on the blind drawing changes that may be coming, I support them. Yes, I'm a guy who got tried of driving to a circus everyone calls the hand draw. I have emailed the commission as well and told them this change needed to take place. I have been emailing them for 6 years now telling them changes need to be made.

is it so bad that a few guys from East Tennessee might get a real opportunity to hunt a blind our TWRA fees have paid for? Personally, if I could get two spots year for 4 days I'd be happy. My $0.02 is in.
I agree 100% with you on the job TWRA officers do and I've had nothing but positive experience with any of them I've dealt with. I can honestly say the ONLY one that came across a little harsh on me was ALL MY FAULT. I went to the twra shooting range up at Prentice Cooper one morning and usually the gate is closed till legal light, well it was opened so I figured "my mistake to figure" I would just go park at the range and go set my targets up before legal light so I wouldn't be doing it while others may be shooting and he came down there real quick and got all over me. I told him that's my fault and I should've just stayed at the gate till legal light like the dang sign said.

Now on to the blind draw fiasco. This isn't going to improve your odds at all I say at getting a blind. Just use a draw of 1500 people as an example. Hand draw is 1500 people that HAD to show to get picked at some of the good wma's. Well now you have 1500 that would've showed in person and than toss in probably 2000 computer entries if not more and now you've got 3500 trying to get a blind compared to driving one day and gambling with 1500. I opt to take the 1500 and a drive.

Headhunter

What are you talking about? Most Latin American immigrants I see are too busy earning 3 paystubs to spend much time fishing.

Or did I also miss where George Soros is releasing hybrid raccoons to raid turkey nests?
go to most of the lakes in the state, and for sure any dam and you will see it. You won't ask that question.

Safari Hunt

To boycott the TWRA- don't buy any license or permit, cancel drawing for quote hunts, cancel any auto renewal for licenses, don't register your boat, don't buy marine gas, don't buy firearms, ammo or fishing tackle. Take up golf, tennis, bowling or pickle ball.

Headhunter

No they do not. They contract out planting, but as far as I know the TWRA itself does nothing. In my lifetime all I have ever know is that they lease out the land to farmers.

So you are saying TWRA contracts out planting but they do nothing That makes no sense part of working for the state is to know what you can do efficiently and what you can contract out. So you want to see the guys in green out picking up garbage and planting seeds? Come on Man
I was referring to "what" the TWRA does or doesn't do and part of the problem is they "quit doing what they don't even do".

Meaning they don't even lease land to farmers anymore. So much land used to be planted and now nothing. What are they doing with that money? Why aren't areas that were planted for decades not planted? Not even burned, nothing. No conservation or actual wildlife management of any kind.

Headhunter

Even though they are self funded they are still accountable to the public. If you have complaints try the TWRA head offices and the commissions, post on there social media and go up their chain. I know how letters to the Gov make some people know. Also their site has a way to lodge a complaint about individuals in the department.
Trust me, I do all I can. No different than trying to get a reaction from a politician, nothing happens.

Biggun4214

I don't know about now, but at one time the state required TWRA to have farmers jump through so many hoops that it was almost impossible to find share croppers.

Latest posts