Bought a boat!

double browtine

Nice looking boat! My dad has that exact same boat with a 150 optimax. It tops out at 59mph with a full tank of fuel and all our gear. Your passengers with really like that dual console. I have searched everywhere for the last 5 years, looking for one for my Dad. I always drive when we have fished any tournaments, and my dad just holds on. That console really helps keep the wind off of you.

Paul Burns

Looks like you have bought a long term fishing and just all around enjoyable piece of plunder. Kids will never forget the fun times--waterski--tube--just riding around--and of course fishing---mom sunbathing---dad just enjoying life. Makes me wish I was 50 years younger myself. Great looking outfit. :)

jard

Great boat. I love the 186 / 196 Tritons. Years ago my tourney partner had a 196 with a 200 and I fell in love. They sit heavier in the water and ride smoother, much worth the few mph sacrifice. They will last a LONG time if taken care of. I have 3 kids now so I have to go fish and ski (2006 Stratos 486 model) but I'm still real happy.

As far as electronics, I had 2 Humminbird Helix 10's for a while and always used birds before that (899 and 999). Great screens and I could see bottom detail excellent, the problem was I could never see fish on them. I switched to Lowrance last year. I bought a HDS 9 boat in the box kit so its all wired in perfectly. Its so much better than the birds (lowrance point one gps blows humminbird's away), even the though the screen is 1" smaller. I see bottom and I can see fish. Worth the money. Birds were much easier to wire in and operate for beginner, Lowrance has better advanced settings and requires more time to get good with, but much better overall once I got it dialed in.

Latest posts