Bought a boat!

TNReb

I had planned on waiting until the fall to buy one. I was wanting a Triton TR 186 or 196 dual console. I wound up finding this one at a fair price and the wife agreed not to make me sleep on the back porch if I bought it.

It's a 2004 with a Merc 150. The owner took great care of it. Itching to get it out on the water!

7605208c2d108d00863713f02f9d5a5a.jpg

TNReb

Crappieaddict":18rc1wtu said:
Nice looking boat! I'm shopping as well.
Not sure what you're looking for but rolltide22 has a very nice and clean looking boat for sale.

TNReb

Grandslam11":2xtk52kl said:
Very nice boat. Ill be buying one just like that or an aluminum boat in a few years. Nice ride.

I was torn on whether to get an aluminum. I wanted a dual console for my two young boys, and those are tougher to find in aluminum unless you're buying new and building to spec - which was out of my budget.

TNReb

X-Tennessean":1gibd47c said:
Nice!
You putting any electronics on it or does it have them already?

It has two original Lowrance units at the bow and dash.. but they're 14 years old now and probably not great. It has a Humminbird 788ci at the dash also. It has maps, so that's a positive.

I have a Garmin 7SV I may put on it... but right now I gave it to my neighbor to use on his boat. I don't want to be an indian giver and tell him to give it back (we just wired it up last week).

I'm going to put newer ones on it, but that'll have to be down the road. Don't have the money to blow on that now and I want to save up to make sure I get what I want.

X-Tennessean

I'm going to put newer ones on it, but that'll have to be down the road. Don't have the money to blow on that now and I want to save up to make sure I get what I want.[/quote]

Very wise choice!!
Go as big of screen as you can for SI and I suggest MEGA if you go with Birds.
I bought a Helix 10 DI Chirp for the bow then two months later they came out with DI MEGA and that is what I want!! Gonna loose some $$ but it will be worth it in the end I think.

TNReb

X-Tennessean":wfrny16j said:
I'm going to put newer ones on it, but that'll have to be down the road. Don't have the money to blow on that now and I want to save up to make sure I get what I want.

Very wise choice!!
I bought a Helix 10 DI Chirp for the bow then two months later they came out with DI MEGA and that is what I want!! Gonna loose some $$ but it will be worth it in the end I think.[/quote]I'm wanting the Solix. I really want the Mega, and I dig the controls on the Solix.

TNReb

X-Tennessean":2eb40u9e said:

Very wise choice!!
I bought a Helix 10 DI Chirp for the bow then two months later they came out with DI MEGA and that is what I want!! Gonna loose some $$ but it will be worth it in the end I think.[/quote]Are you happy with the 10 inch?

X-Tennessean

TNReb":vroq1zrw said:
X-Tennessean":vroq1zrw said:

Very wise choice!!
I bought a Helix 10 DI Chirp for the bow then two months later they came out with DI MEGA and that is what I want!! Gonna loose some $$ but it will be worth it in the end I think.
Are you happy with the 10 inch?[/quote]

I am, very happy

Latest posts