Blind Stolen - Public Land

CrossVolle

Where does one get the GPS tile? A Bond movie had a tracking device in a Faberge egg.
Got mine in Amazon. Never had to use them to find a stolen stand, but have found my car keys before. They have a variety of sizes and styles on there. Really easy to use.

Hunter 257W

Not at all directed at the OP or anyone, but I am simply astonished at people's rage during turkey season and even waterfowl season that someone could be 200-300 yards away from them on a walk-in, public property. You either get the gobbler or birds to come to you or you don't. If they go to the spot 200 yards away, how can you blame someone else for them not coming to you? Try hunting the opener on a public impoundment. You're lucky to have more than 100 yards' distance. But you can still kill birds. And for gobblers in the early season where there aren't terrain features to hide you in the leaf-bare woods, good luck "running and gunning" without busting them. Had a guy basically flashing people from the edge of the parking lot, evidently hoping he had half a WMA to himself. Not even 300 yards from where the nearest flock of turkeys were roosted.

Sure, I didn't enjoy having a dude walk by me 3 minutes before shooting light in the muzzleloader opener, toting his chair and thermos. But it is what it is. Just wish people knew they were hunting public and chilled out when they are getting a half-decent radius of it to themselves.
The part in RED is the main reason I stopped hunting AEDC besides there being hardly any deer anymore. Every time I went there would be some peckerwood sitting on the main access points whistling or flashing a light to keep anybody from passing them. What they were doing is basically closing off everything behind them from all the other hunters. I'm sure when I'd walk on past them, they'd rant on line for days about the "Elmer" who "walked all over them". I got sick of it and decided to only hunt my own land from then on.

catman529

This is technically true by the book, but I can tell you from experience you can leave stands, and blinds for more than 24 hrs with area manager permission. The attitude I have encountered from area managers is that if you ask, you get permission, because they do not want to deter anyone from hunting, especially in Mid TN. I do believe you have to have your TWRA # on the stand or blind (not 100% sure on that).
That was the case until a few years ago when the area manager got tired of people leaving their stands up all year so he quit giving permission.

artwork001

I went and got a stand out of the same place one was stolen not by the warden. this time I had it cable locked to the tree. This stand I put up for my brother neither of us ended up hunting it because the creek flooded. When I went in to get it days after the creek went down I found somebody's wrapper for a sandwich and an empty water bottle at the foot of the tree steps so glad I could help somebody out lol.

Bone Collector

That was the case until a few years ago when the area manager got tired of people leaving their stands up all year so he quit giving permission.
fair enough, but it is by area manager and is not a blanket policy of the TWRA. That manager may not do it anymore, but others still do, so it depends on the area.

***PSA (not directed, directly at you Cat)*** People should just contact the area manager. Phone # is in the book. it may take a day or two, but they will call you back. Ask them what their policy is. Follow that.

th88

I manage public lands that have a treestand rule. Normally don't bother confiscating stands left year round because we haven't had any issues. However due to the recent explosion in public land hunting thanks to COVID and social media.... Bout to start pulling stands and blinds! Woods are littered with em this and people started getting possessive over "their" spots.