Black powder check list

Knothead

If you are like me, you make a check list on Friday of everything you need to take with you on Saturday, opening morning of ML season. But who can tell me what the most common thing is that people go off and forget to take with them?
Ready? Go.......

1jamey

Primer wrench almost every frigging time. I know I can get the primer on and off without it but it's just easier....

Smo

I sometimes forget my flint....
But living in Tennessee that's no problem..

Seriously . Primers or the Orange hat & vest.

Im like Mup, hunting my own place it's not be a required...
That really makes it hard to remember when going somewhere else..

Attachments

• 7F92351D-008D-4BC7-8B66-EBF462A15565.jpeg
    7F92351D-008D-4BC7-8B66-EBF462A15565.jpeg
    344 KB · Views: 80

moondawg

Not being Captain Obvious, but...if you shoot a 209 primer riifle, pack 209 primers. Reason I say this as Captain Obvious is...

There was one hunt where I made sure I had EVERYTHING I needed. Get to the stand, get settled in, and reach in my jacket for the strip of 209 primers to insert one in the breech. Hmm, not there...check the other pockets. Nope. Pants pockets? NO. My pack? NO! I stop and think, where did I put them???

Then it hit me...I left them in the OTHER pack I used a few days ago. Which was at the house. Which was 45 minutes away. With a 15 minute walk back to the truck.

So the hunt I felt really good about turned into a scouting trip. Actually saw a buck and a doe, and BOTH were within muzzleloader range. :rolleyes:

So don't be like me. :p

Latest posts