Blackhorn Powder

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
If a man shoots 20 shots a year including BH209 , sabot and bullets it's still around the same price as most premium cartridge loads. Maybe cheaper. So there is that.
That's the way I look at it too. It's cheaper than factory loads for my 35 Remington. But the price is crazy. I have 3 containers that I got for about $53 average per so I am good for a long time. But no way would I go back to black powder or Pyrodex. The 5 minute cleanup is worth the price to me. I despised cleaning up after Pyrodex. With Blackhorn, I actually can enjoy shooting my ML.

Smo

Online suppliers or go where they sell it..

Deer Creek Products in Indiana just received 8,000 lbs of Goex.
It was $24 a pound at the National Shoot according too those who were there..

Dixie Gun Worjs in Union City should have it , and Outdoor World in Nashville once carried it..

But it's not on the shelf, you have too speak with someone in Management, preferably the Manger over the gun department.

Smo

Back in supply at Walmart in Waverly….

0AECDF31-72EC-4388-9B21-18078C96CAEC.jpeg

Get it while it's hot! 😎

Need bullets?

2A9E496B-B7DB-4E57-88D0-E5DD77424059.jpeg

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
I've used the federal w mart primers when I ran out of cci magnum primers and had no issues with the rifle firing,I have the b h 209 breach plugs and use black horn.
I used Win209 with BH209 before I was able to pick up some Federal Magnum primers. I never had an issue with the Winchesters either.

Tiny

One Thing here Shot BH209 since it came out.. in a few different ML .. Yes they recommend Federal 209s..
Never a single issue n see no need to change from Win standard 209s.
Just saying .

ROVERBOY

Blackhorn 209 is way too expensive and Pyrodex is crap. I do like Hodgdon's Tripple 7 though. I used to shoot Goex black 2f. It is good powder by the way. Real black can get soaking wet, and then be dried out, and still be as good as it ever was. You could do it over and over. My brother in law's father was a chemist. He made his own for years.

Latest posts