Blackhorn powder

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
Ok so I just bought a new cva accura. Muzzleloader because my cva took a dump and it's going back to the factory. So I am thinking about try blackhorn powder for the first time. So a couple questions all I have is federal Muzzleloader primers and winchester primers. Will they work with plackhorn and still get good results? I know the website says federal 209a and cci 209m ahold be used for best results

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
Muzzleloader primers will give you misfires. Winchester primers should be fine, as long as they aren't muzzleloader primers. Do not use muzzleloader primers with blackhorn.
Ok so it's best if I find some ccii 209aor federal 209m ? My winchester primers are the 209 you buy at walmart

RobDooley

Ok so I just bought a new cva accura. Muzzleloader because my cva took a dump and it's going back to the factory. So I am thinking about try blackhorn powder for the first time. So a couple questions all I have is federal Muzzleloader primers and winchester primers. Will they work with plackhorn and still get good results? I know the website says federal 209a and cci 209m ahold be used for best results
you need the magnum primer...exactly what they recommend. Ignition not necessarily misfires.

Carlos

Yes, I'd follow their guidelines, and use only the magnum primers.
You have a little time to obtain some before season.

Latest posts