1860 Black Powder

TennelleB3

Good evening. I'm looking for 1860 Black Powder Cap and Ball, Revolver #10 caps, (100 per tin). Can anyone assist in where I can find this? Looking for two tins, maybe three or four just to have in reserve. Thank you in advance.

Wobblyshot1

Caps are scarce right now, especially #10s. I see your location is Spring Hill. Are you familiar with the Charlie Haffner Memorial Range on Owl Hollow Rd near you? Charlie Jr. the owner is/was a top pistol shooter at the NMLRA matches in Friendship, IN. He may be able to point you in the right direction. Also, in Triune, The Saddle Shop carries/carried black powder and supplies. You might check them out too.

Flint

Bass Pro had cap and ball revolvers at one time. Midsouth Shooters Supply in clarksville does as well but it looks like they just have an 1858 Remington in stock.

Sam Davis

Check blockade runner ( civil war sutler ). They are in Bedford county and their website says call for availability for firearms .As far as caps if you find #11 they will work also just crimp them slightly with your fingers. I mainly use #11 with all of mine. Hope you find what you need.
You can also keep an eye on gun owners club website.

Tenntrapper

Good grief....was just checking some places for #10 and 11 primers. Last time I bought #11s, they were less than 10 $ per hundred. Over 100.00 per hundred now....and out of stock. That said....Amazon, of all places, has some #11 magnum for about 45 per hundred.

Maybe that was 100/1000....

Edit to add.... Guy on arms list was looking for some recently. I gave him 3 full tins full, as I didn't need them..... who knew?? 😂

Last edited:

RockMcL

Check with
1805 Old Columbia Rd, Lewisburg, TN, United States, Tennessee
Dc7-7AgwkwS.png

(931) 359-7220
2PIcyqpptfD.png

[email protected]

Latest posts