Binoculars?

Jon54

TN1BUCK":1gyrp534 said:
I have owned a pair of Alaskan Guide 10x42's for the last 25 years loved them. They failed this year my fault cleaned with something I shouldn't have used. Cabela's sent me a gift card for the full price. Shopping for the new ones now, is Swarovski worth the money? Which grade or model? Like the 10x42 power to weight.Using the new red fields now not bad for the price on sale 99.00.

The high end glass is tempting and if you were hunting out west where you would spend all day glassing, they are worth it. But given our terrain and we simply don't spent hours with them to our eyes, get something mid range. Lots of choices. I've never used Vortex but you can't beat their warranty. I'm a Leupold guy and I've got a pair of 20 year old Leupold Wind Rivers that are very clear. But the pair of Vanguards I referenced earlier in this post are exceptional and I paid less than $150.

Point is go somewhere and try them out or borrow friends. Once adjusted, practice putting them to your eyes and good glass will immediately come into focus without eye strain. Bad glass will take a moment for your eyes to adjust.

SALTMAN

Strange complaint on the Leupolds ? I sent back a 10-12 yr old pair that were getting fuzzy in one side , they sent me a new updated pair at no charge . Took about 3 weeks turnaround , during deer season . I also use Nikon about same price but a little larger hanging around my neck . Can't see any difference in quality in the view . Would prob buy Steiner if I had plenty
$$. I know someone that found a pair in the woods !

Boone 58

kornbread":39g1nwp9 said:
What's the best for the money...I prefer Nikon or Leupold in brand

My Steiner Merlins going on 12 years old will stand up to any! 8x42, and I don't go to the woods without them.

Stykbow

I have a pair of Nikon 10x that I've been abusing for something like 12 years now. They're still doing the job and good clarity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PillsburyDoughboy

Stykbow":2d4ibyq1 said:
I have a pair of Nikon 10x that I've been abusing for something like 12 years now. They're still doing the job and good clarity.

Hope you never need warranty on them

Stykbow

PillsburyDoughboy":2vypag83 said:
Stykbow":2vypag83 said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote

Me too, but if I break them I figure I've got my money's worth. I'll just buy another pair.

PillsburyDoughboy

Stykbow":r7skvycg said:
PillsburyDoughboy":r7skvycg said:
Stykbow":r7skvycg said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote

Me too, but if I break them I figure I've got my money's worth. I'll just buy another pair.

That's a optimistic way of looking at it.

But when I buy so,etching on the front end and I am sold a product because it has a lifetime warranty on it.. Imagine how I would feel 10 ..20 years later when I really need to cash in on that warranty .

Imagine all this hype and marketing that is going on behind the scenes on Vortex. They are promising the moon on their warranty Today. TODAY,,,!!!!! Imagine 15 years from now if they start back peddling with some shenanigans "well it's not really a lifetime warranty like we stated" it's more like a lifetime of the product and its reached its end of life.

You would probably be none too happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stykbow

Pillsbury that may be the first time I've been called optimistic. Been called lots of other stuff, but not optimistic.[emoji1]

PillsburyDoughboy

W.Seay":295tfvu3 said:
Swarovski is the best.

No doubt I agree with you. But out of the reach of most of our pockets and really for most of our needs... Not necessary.

Now if I was a PG or out west where I would be grassing for hours on end days on end where eye strain would be a factor. I would pony up the Bucks.

For most general glassing we do here in the south.. A decent set of 8-10 X either 32 or 42 MM will get the job done, impartial to Leupold as I think they offer the best value out there and have the best warranty in the biz. But comparably most of the major brands are all good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bulld

Nikon monarchs and zeiss conquest hard to beat until you jump to serious money, don't forget to look used also, I carry 10x32 leicas I picked up on ebay for a steal few years ago

WG3

I have a pair of Ziess Terra's and vortex diamondback's. the ziess retail any where from 3 - 4 hundred and the vortex between 2- 3 hundred. they are both great and have nearly the same. the vortex may be just a bit better.

Mike Belt

It also depends on where you hunt. For instance hunting fields all the time you might want to step up in power versus timber hunting where the magnification and weight might not require as much power.

Latest posts