Big Pig Down! First TN Hog!

Atchman2

Big Pig Down!

I finally managed to seal the deal on a Tennessee hog! Shot him with my Browning BAR .308 at about 75 yards on the run across a sorghum field.

Atchman2

I know it doesn't look like it, that hog weighed over 200 lbs! It took three of us to pick it up! That thing that probably throws off the picture is the BAR is a fairly large rifle.

fredfred

Atchman2":2rt99337 said:
I know it doesn't look like it, that hog weighed over 200 lbs! It took three of us to pick it up! That thing that probably throws off the picture is the BAR is a fairly large rifle.

michael-scott-no.gif

LOL I'm just teasing you. Congrats on your first one. :tu: Now get a smaller gun so not to take away for your kills :stir:

Atchman2

LOL! Next time I'll see if I can weigh it. :D BTW a BAR is 45" long! I didn't even realize it was that long until I looked it up a minute ago.

Atchman2

TravisRoach91":12isic9a said:
I'd like to kill a hog any one got any good spots to hunt them around east tn I live in Greene county and wouldnt care to drive to get to shoot one

I thought there were wild hogs in Greene county? I've been hunting them over a year here and that was the first one I've actually seen. Had them on the cameras a few times, but there seems to be a lot of folks after them in that county. Normally I go out of state to hunt hogs. TN is hog poor compared to the surrounding states to the south and east.

TravisRoach91

I've not heard of many people hunting them around here I had a neighbor bring some in once that bred and had a few litters then people started getting trigger happy and haven't seen or heard of any since then. I've heard their was some close to the cocke county line but that was it, I would like to find some to hunt this year but if I don't I'll go to Spartan hunting preserve

Atchman2

Probably your best bet to be honest. I could have bought an,entire butchered hog for a fraction of what ive spent trying to get this one hog. You need to find the dog hunters they seem to get one almost every time they go out.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

TravisRoach91

Yeah true those guys are hard to find to tho lol now if it was bear I was looking for it'd be different my uncle is the president of the Tennessee bear hunters association and all is have to do is pick up the phone

Atchman2

I got temporarily cut off today where I hunt. The landowner is getting ready for deer season. No matter, they'll be much easier to hunt when it is colder.

Latest posts