Big pig

PickettSFHunter

Maybe my biggest one yet? Not the longest but just a big pig in girth. 6.5 grendel 120 gr Sierra Pro Hunters. They just keep coming. The only real management occurring is on private lands. The federal government won't even let the federal government control hogs on the federal land nearby 😂 so they just keep on coming.

Attachments

• C12E91F8-18D3-424A-B71F-9B9C9931C353.jpeg
    C12E91F8-18D3-424A-B71F-9B9C9931C353.jpeg
    246.8 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:

Atchman2

Maybe my biggest one yet? Not the longest but just a big pig in girth. 6.5 grendel 120 gr Sierra Pro Hunters. They just keep coming. The only real management occurring is on private lands. The federal government won't even let the federal government control hogs on the federal land nearby 😂 so they just keep on coming.
Holy COW DUDE! That one is a MONSTER! Do you do anything with those? I find that I can at least make sausage out of them if they don't stink too badly. That is a great HOG! I am happy for you.

My hunting ground is ruined for everything. One of my feeders is only bears now. I'm going to take it down. The little one that I keep the bear took it down for me. I haven't seen anything other than really HUGE boars, raccoons and the bears. Even the turkeys are gone. The deer are non-existent.

Now the bears have learned to raid the state's hog traps. I hate bears. Unless they are damaging private property, the state will do nothing about them. I doubt ruining my deer feeders counts.

Attachments

• beartrap.jpg
    beartrap.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 103
  • hog trap.jpg
    hog trap.jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 104

SilentHunter

Dang that is a big one. What county if you don't mind me asking, or general area? I would love to get out there for some hogs.

kaizen leader

Where do you kill a pig that big? I hope not in TN. How much meat do you get from it and is it good? I've often wondered how the taste compares to domestic pig. Sorry for the questions but I figured you might know. Thanks and congrats.
Holy COW DUDE! That one is a MONSTER! Do you do anything with those? I find that I can at least make sausage out of them if they don't stink too badly. That is a great HOG! I am happy for you.

My hunting ground is ruined for everything. One of my feeders is only bears now. I'm going to take it down. The little one that I keep the bear took it down for me. I haven't seen anything other than really HUGE boars, raccoons and the bears. Even the turkeys are gone. The deer are non-existent.

Now the bears have learned to raid the state's hog traps. I hate bears. Unless they are damaging private property, the state will do nothing about them. I doubt ruining my deer feeders counts.
Crazy. I'm glad we don't have either of them in mid-TN.

TN G.O.A.T Hunter

Did the tractor handle that load

PickettSFHunter

Where do you kill a pig that big? I hope not in TN. How much meat do you get from it and is it good? I've often wondered how the taste compares to domestic pig. Sorry for the questions but I figured you might know. Thanks and congrats.

Crazy. I'm glad we don't have either of them in mid-TN.
Northern Cumberland plateau, about 200 yards behind my new house. I don't eat them that size that stinks like those big boars do, and can't give away one that size. They are shot to stop the damage and because they are a non native invasive species. I guarantee this one was eyeballing the new grass in the yard, it rooted real close to it the night before. I do like to eat a sow and will keep one occasionally under 100 pounds or so. I shoot a bunch of them so get to take my pick on a meat hog. Sometimes I can give them away and sometimes I can't.

kaizen leader

Northern Cumberland plateau, about 200 yards behind my new house. I don't eat them that size that stinks like those big boars do, and can't give away one that size. They are shot to stop the damage and because they are a non native invasive species. I guarantee this one was eyeballing the new grass in the yard, it rooted real close to it the night before. I do like to eat a sow and will keep one occasionally under 100 pounds or so. I shoot a bunch of them so get to take my pick on a meat hog. Sometimes I can give them away and sometimes I can't.
Thank you and good luck fighting those pigs. Might make good dog food but to much work.

timberjack86

I'd take a couple if we had a way to keep cool. It would take me 2 hrs to get there and 2 hrs back but that much sausage would be worth it to me!

Latest posts